Our Lady of the Roses
So I was just surfing the web and I came across this supposed Marian apparition called Our Lady of the Roses. I see that the Church does not accept it but it has developed a following nonetheless. It also has some weird photos associated with it. I'm just wondering what the FE's opinion of the OLOTR apparitions are, so far I personally am not convinced. Here are two of the websites I've seen on the subject: http://www.tldm.org/    http://www.roses.org/   
I would be wary of any apparition that has not been approved by the Church. 
Our Lord and Lady allegedly appeared before this women and would bless medals and other religious articles.  I used to be a follower but not so much anymore since I've learned that it wasn't Church approved

it's very weird.
No, no, no, that's all.

tim
(12-18-2011, 07:58 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: I would be wary of any apparition that has not been approved by the Church. 

This.
Do we need new apparitions to save our souls?
Is what the church teach and approved apparition not enough?
BAYSIDE! FORTET IT!
Like the others said, stay away.  Not that God can't permit true apparitions from taking place since VII, but this certainly is not one of them. 

Joe
why is everybody so aganist this one?
(12-19-2011, 07:00 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: why is everybody so aganist this one?

Many of us have seen the fruits of devotion to false apparitions in our friends and associates. If it hasn't got approval it's best to avoid it.

Personally I also believe that there is somewhat of an element of continuity in Marian apparitions, for example the way I tend to go on about Akita being a follow-up (or you may say a reiteration with a sense of urgency) of Fatima, and this is because God's Truth is whole, and One. Apparitions or so-called apparitions which do not hold with consistency are often not just false, but from another source altogether. And we can't be having with that, now, can we?

Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in so many side pursuits one can lose focus of the truly important; practise your Faith and do what is necessary for the salvation of your own soul. From there, do all you can to save the souls of others.
A lot of these tangents people can get sucked into, the holocaust stuff, apparitions, witch-hunting for masonic infiltartors in your local parish, conspiracy theories &c. &c. ad nauseam can serve to interrupt the true focus one must keep.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with pursuing those things, of course, but with anything it must be kept in balance.  The important stuff has to come before anything else. The rest kind of doesn't really matter. We'll all be dead someday, and God will sort things out. When I die what is going to matter more - that I argued and drove myself into bitter zeal over something that didn't really matter, or that I did what my God had asked of me?

Sorry for the digression.