Diocese of Detroit calls Real Catholic TV not a Catholic Organization.
Jackson Eskew would like this:

"coetibus, Anglicans|6 Comments

Archdiocese of Detroit says Michael Voris and RealCatholicTV.com are not “authorized” to use “Catholic”

Posted on 23 December 2011 by Fr. John Zuhlsdorf

For your opportune knowledge.

This comes from the website of the Archdiocese of Detroit.  You can decide for yourselves what you want to do with this information.

Statement regarding Real Catholic TV and its name Issued: Dec. 15, 2011Contact: Joe Kohn, infodesk@aod.org / (313) 237-5943  Print this statement (Español)

The Church encourages the Christian faithful to promote or sustain a variety of apostolic undertakings but, nevertheless, prohibits any such undertaking from claiming the name Catholic without the consent of the competent ecclesiastical authority (see canon 216 of the 1983 Code of Canon Law). For some time, the Archdiocese of Detroit has been in communication with Mr. Michael Voris and his media partner at Real Catholic TV regarding their prominent use of the word “Catholic” in identifying and promoting their public activities disseminated from the enterprise’s production facility in Ferndale, Michigan. The Archdiocese has informed Mr. Voris and Real Catholic TV, RealCatholicTV.com, that it does not regard them as being authorized to use the word “Catholic” to identify or promote their public activities. Questions about this matter may be directed to the Archdiocese of Detroit, Department of Communications."

Not going to get into the Voris question, but wouldn't it be sorta nice if Our Bishops would spend more time anathemetizing the Real destroyers of the Faith as opposed to attacking those who try to remind Catholics of what being Catholic really means? >:(
(12-23-2011, 05:38 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: Not going to get into the Voris question, but wouldn't it be sorta nice if Our Bishops would spend more time anathemetizing the Real destroyers of the Faith as opposed to attacking those who try to remind Catholics of what being Catholic really means? >:(

Yep, although it is for similar reasons that Mother Angelica could not use the word "Catholic" when she created EWTN. 
(12-23-2011, 05:38 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: Not going to get into the Voris question [ . . . ]

Wait, this is seriously a thing?  "The Voris Question"??
This is ridiculous. I love real Catholic TV, the thing is he doesn't say anything that is anti-Catholic at all. The people that are mad at Michael Voris are obviously not Catholic.  >:(
Cannibals. I tell you.
Just yesterday I recieved my purchase of "Where did the Bible Come From" DVD from Real CATHOLIC TV and noticed on the back of the case there is a picture of a person who endorses it. He's dressed in his official red attire and his last name is Burke. I wonder if the diocese has a problem with the high ranking CARDINAL as well???
It's also a favorite ploy of N.O. bishops when a trad chapel opens up in town. They send a letter warning you to remove the unauthorized use of the name Catholic from your building sign, bulletin, etc... The astute trad priest will call his bluff and remind him he needs the money budgeted for legal fees for "other matters." They back down right away!
Yes, Authority is fine except when it's not done fairly . Look at the abuse of authority when parents were told to shut up about sexual abuse because they would hurt the church.by bringing it out.
Technically the bishop is right according to Canon Law, the church has to approve anything calling itself Catholic, even if it acts as an apostolate. Now, I don't think RealCatholicTV should be persecuted for it, but they should be given Catholic status right away.