Diocese of Detroit calls Real Catholic TV not a Catholic Organization.
(12-24-2011, 02:54 PM)Old Salt Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 02:33 PM)JMartyr Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 02:24 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 02:06 PM)JMartyr Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 01:58 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 01:48 PM)JMartyr Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 01:38 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 01:19 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Voris is a Traditional Catholic.
He has told me personally that he never assists at the NO any more.

Not good enough.

NeoCatholic: Any Catholic that thinks the Pope is not a manifest heretic.
I just think if he is going to critque the leadership of the bishops, he should the Pope as well.

That's fair enough, but it doesn't make him a semi-Catholic.
Then what's the point in bringing up the bishops when most of these men were appointed by the post conciliar Popes. Not to mention the negligence of the Pope's themselves in stopping the revolution in the Church.

I think there is a lot to complain about Voris. I would start with his hair. I just think it is silly to pretend he is a modernist because we disagree with his editorial choices.
I don't think he is a modernist. I agree with the hair. Also, the pen should go too !! Reminds me of Bob Dole.
So what.
I never notice the pen or hair.
Sheesh!
Maybe Voris has head burns...
I'm as bald as a bowling ball. Like I have room to talk :LOL:!
(12-24-2011, 03:07 PM)JMartyr Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 02:54 PM)Old Salt Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 02:33 PM)JMartyr Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 02:24 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 02:06 PM)JMartyr Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 01:58 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 01:48 PM)JMartyr Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 01:38 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:

Not good enough.

NeoCatholic: Any Catholic that thinks the Pope is not a manifest heretic.
I just think if he is going to critque the leadership of the bishops, he should the Pope as well.

That's fair enough, but it doesn't make him a semi-Catholic.
Then what's the point in bringing up the bishops when most of these men were appointed by the post conciliar Popes. Not to mention the negligence of the Pope's themselves in stopping the revolution in the Church.

I think there is a lot to complain about Voris. I would start with his hair. I just think it is silly to pretend he is a modernist because we disagree with his editorial choices.
I don't think he is a modernist. I agree with the hair. Also, the pen should go too !! Reminds me of Bob Dole.
So what.
I never notice the pen or hair.
Sheesh!
Maybe Voris has head burns...
I'm as bald as a bowling ball. Like I have room to talk :LOL:!
So am I.
Voris notes that his conflict with the Archdiocese of Detroit has more to do with its staffers than with the Archbishop.  Previous to his work for RealCatholicTV, Voris launched St. Michael’s Media and had various offers to air programs he produced, talks he was to give and television shows he was to be featured on canceled through the efforts of staff at the Archdiocese.  “They have waged a quiet war since the very first time we set foot into the public realm,” he said.

That's the missing piece.

Vigneron is the best Detroit has been granted in decades and decades.

That is said from the perspective of the absolute miserable state that has been the norm in Detroit. We had Gumbleton and Deardon.

And this city is a major, major leftist stronghold.

Vigneron for instance is leading our pro-life prayer vigils, often in absolutely wretched weather, multiple times per year for instance. We had nothing like that with Maida and things were measurably worse on a good few fronts.

That said, unless we are blessed, some terrible things are going to happen under Vigneron.

The wolves are thick everywhere and it seems they are very thick here. Anyone that can spare a prayer for Vigneron would be performing a considerable act of charity.
But, when you guys talk do random words appear over your left shoulder?
(12-24-2011, 03:12 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: But, when you guys talk do random words appear over your left shoulder?
Ha Ha!
No, but strange sounds are heard as I talk.

Again, exclusive assistance at the traditional Mass is a necessary but insufficient condition of traditional Catholicism. Traditional Catholics also, for example, reject the errors of Vatican II (V II itself, not simply post-conciliar errors). But Michael Voris doesn't reject, for instance, the erroneous teaching on religious liberty in Dignitatis humanae. Traditional Catholics are also willing to tell the whole truth. But Mr. Voris and RealCatholicTV embrace a policy of cover-up. Executive Producer Terry Carroll explicitly lays this out in the following notorious thread:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...362.0.html
(12-24-2011, 01:32 AM)Atomagenesis Wrote: Technically the bishop is right according to Canon Law, the church has to approve anything calling itself Catholic, even if it acts as an apostolate. Now, I don't think RealCatholicTV should be persecuted for it, but they should be given Catholic status right away.

I think it's prudent to do that I mean remeber what happened to Father John C.?
(12-23-2011, 05:38 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: Not going to get into the Voris question, but wouldn't it be sorta nice if Our Bishops would spend more time anathemetizing the Real destroyers of the Faith as opposed to attacking those who try to remind Catholics of what being Catholic really means? >:(

They would need to anathemetize themselves. How many Catholics lost their faith through people like dawkins and hitchens compared to the scandalous actions of priests and bishops? Far less, I dare say.
What a lark....so the "Catholic" franchise has been cornered by her enemies. You have to laugh....
(12-24-2011, 03:41 PM)Jackson K. Eskew Wrote:

Again, exclusive assistance at the traditional Mass is a necessary but insufficient condition of traditional Catholicism. Traditional Catholics also, for example, reject the errors of Vatican II (V II itself, not simply post-conciliar errors). But Michael Voris doesn't reject, for instance, the erroneous teaching on religious liberty in Dignitatis humanae. Traditional Catholics are also willing to tell the whole truth. But Mr. Voris and RealCatholicTV embrace a policy of cover-up. Executive Producer Terry Carroll explicitly lays this out in the following notorious thread:

I get why bishops are in charge of who uses the name "Catholic" in their diocese but it is not clear to me why Jackson Eskew is in charge of who is a traditional Catholic.