Favorite Saints?
[Image: tn_Bernadette_Soubirous_jpg.jpg]
Bernadette - and it's not even close. Everyone knows who "St. Bernadette of Lourdes" is, but so few know who Bernadette Soubirous is.
(12-26-2011, 12:59 AM)SaintAndrew Wrote: [Image: tn_Bernadette_Soubirous_jpg.jpg]
Bernadette - and it's not even close. Everyone knows who "St. Bernadette of Lourdes" is, but so few know who Bernadette Soubirous is.

Erm... Unless they've seen Song of Bernadette, or read any single book written about her or Lourdes. Ever...
(12-26-2011, 12:59 AM)SaintAndrew Wrote: [Image: tn_Bernadette_Soubirous_jpg.jpg]

O 'cmon.....a lot of people its the same
(12-25-2011, 04:35 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: That was truly inspiring. I had heard of him but never knew the story. Truly inspiring. God chooses the little ones so many times. Dunce? I bet he has a better place in Heaven than those who ridiculed him. So, who/whom turned out to be the dunce(s). I am adding him to my intercessor list. Thanks for this truly.

I'm glad you read and love it. When I first read it, it was with tears in my eyes. Abp. Goodier was a great writer, perfectly suited to tell the story of this great Saint.
(12-25-2011, 11:32 PM)Arun Wrote: Jackson have you seen the film The Reluctant Saint?

No, but I've been meaning to see it.
(12-26-2011, 01:52 AM)Arun Wrote:

Erm... Unless they've seen Song of Bernadette, or read any single book written about her or Lourdes. Ever...
Song of Bernadette - If a person relied on that book or movie to really know who she was, then they hardly know her.  These books introduce people to the real person - Bernadette. [Image: 519ZBA8YGVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]
This is a book of her writings and thoughts....
[Image: 9781586171162.jpg]
Jackson, it's a really good film so I hope you like it when you get round to seeing it.

SaintAndrew those books look pretty good, I'll have to keep an eye out for them.
Ambrose of Milan was such a badass.

Sancte Ambrosi, ora pro nobis ad Dominum!
St. Lawrence of Rome.  His exceptional story can be found on audio sancto.
(12-30-2011, 05:07 PM)onosurf Wrote: St. Lawrence of Rome.  His exceptional story can be found on audio sancto.

What's the title of the sermon? I can't find it.