Leaving FishEaters
I'm not going to stick around anywhere where comments such as these are tolerated. I've never had anyone call me something so rude in real life (not even the atheists and agnostics I know have used insults approaching this one), so it was especially disgusting that I would be called this on a traditional Catholic forum.

(12-25-2011, 10:21 PM)Arun Wrote: Do you demand multiple sources from everybody here on FE or just me, you sanctimonious smug c**t?
Farewell, you will be missed :(
I too have been treated like that, and many comments here are cruel and staunchly un-catholic. It is not as though I dislike admonishing of the sinner, but comments such as your example have quite the opposite effect.

"Be careful in removing the rust, lest you break the instrument" - St. Benedict

Merry Christmas, and God bless you in whatever decision you make.
An effective approach if this truly upsets you is reporting it, not making a thread like this.  Or handling it via pm.  

Either way, I've always enjoyed reading your posts, Resurrexi.  Hope that you return.  
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Ugh, that thread is despicable. 
Really? It hasn't been 24 hours since that offensive post was published, so you don't know if it will go without punishment. And I see other posters offended by it in the same thread. Leaving a place because someone made an offensive comment in the heat of the moment and hasn't been penalized for it within 24 hours seems over-the-top.

So, um, good bye and God bless.
(12-26-2011, 05:29 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: I'm not going to stick around anywhere where comments such as these are tolerated. I've never had anyone call me something so rude in real life (not even the atheists and agnostics I know have used insults approaching this one), so it was especially disgusting that I would be called this on a traditional Catholic forum.

(12-25-2011, 10:21 PM)Arun Wrote: Do you demand multiple sources from everybody here on FE or just me, you sanctimonious smug c**t?
I just read the thread (yes, it is still there) that this came from. It's the most abhorrent, un-Christian manner of dialogue I've seen here. Unless you can prove a demon hijacked your Fish Eaters account, there is ZERO excuse to speak this way to anyone. Ever.
Report the post and see if there's punishment.  It should be obvious that Vox hasn't the time to read through every single post with a magnifying glass, nor respond to every PM or report in an instant, especially at a time of the year when many people are quite busy. 
(12-26-2011, 07:08 PM)SaintAndrew Wrote:
(12-26-2011, 05:29 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: I'm not going to stick around anywhere where comments such as these are tolerated. I've never had anyone call me something so rude in real life (not even the atheists and agnostics I know have used insults approaching this one), so it was especially disgusting that I would be called this on a traditional Catholic forum.

I just read the thread (yes, it is still there) that this came from. It's the most abhorrent, un-Christian manner of dialogue I've seen here. Unless you can prove a demon hijacked your Fish Eaters account, there is ZERO excuse to speak this way to anyone. Ever.

Perhaps someone hacked his account. 
the rules Wrote:Don't report posts just because there's "foul language" in it. Sacrilege and blasphemy? Yes. "Dirty words"? I don't care.

You came after me, demanded that I supply more than one link or source for an articel I posted. when have you ever demanded the same of anybody else? when has anybody else here on FE ever had that demanded of them?

You wanna be a baby about it, see ya later. Otherwise grow a pair, man up and stop trying to garner sympathy when you were the one coming after me in the first place.

Tell you what, seeing as you've got all your little friends here cringing about how vile I am, make a poll - who should leave, me or you.

If you get the most votes then go. If I do, I will.

Fair enough, right?