12th Imam, Shiites, Mahmound A.
(12-27-2011, 03:40 PM)mikemac Wrote: The Iranians are not Arabs. 

Which is why I didn't call them Arabs.
Numerous Hadith are presented by the Ahmadis in support of their view such as one from Sunan Ibn Majah which says:
There is No Mahdi but Jesus son of Mary
—Ibn Majah, Bab, Shahadatu-Zaman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahdi
Maybe John Paul II kissing the Koran wasn't so bad then. 
(12-27-2011, 04:34 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: Maybe John Paul II kissing the Koran wasn't so bad then. 

Wouldn't that be Grand !

tim
I don't think John Paul II should have kissed the Koran but I think he did it because he believed that the Koran holds "some" truths, not the full truth but only "some parts" of the truth.  I still don't think that was a good enough reason to kiss the Koran.  At least he didn't kiss the Talmud. 
(12-27-2011, 06:49 PM)mikemac Wrote: I don't think John Paul II should have kissed the Koran but I think he did it because he believed that the Koran holds "some" truths, not the full truth but only "some parts" of the truth.  I still don't think that was a good enough reason to kiss the Koran.  At least he didn't kiss the Talmud. 

He shouldn't be kissing either and I find the gesture to be unbelievably infuriating if not outright blasphemous.
(12-27-2011, 06:49 PM)mikemac Wrote: I don't think John Paul II should have kissed the Koran but I think he did it because he believed that the Koran holds "some" truths, not the full truth but only "some parts" of the truth.  I still don't think that was a good enough reason to kiss the Koran.  At least he didn't kiss the Talmud. 
He didn't have to because he was too busy kissing the backsides of those who revere that filthy book.