Dealing with the Deceptive Dimond Demimonde
(12-28-2011, 08:49 PM)columb Wrote: I listened to one of those mentioned phone conversations with expectancy but sadly it ended in disappointment.
The Dimonds have gotten their message out to millions (judging from their hits on youtube) and I was expecting that the priests in queston would be only too happy to have refuted them and pointed out their errors.

They (the Dimonds) did in fact ask for a debate at a more opportune time if the present timing was inconvenient.

I told the Deceptive Dimond Dissimulator in question that I had written an article on the subject, and that if he disagreed with it, he should write another article trying to refute it.

http://www.traditionalmass.org/images/ar...roofed.pdf

As I point out in the article, the underlying difficulty with Feeneyism is that it rejects the principles that form the very foundation for the science of Catholic theology.

It's a waste of time debating with someone like this, because you have no common first principles at all. It's like arguing over the structure of a Mozart symphony with someone who knows nothing of musical forms and is tone deaf to boot.

And generally speaking, oral debates in our own days are a waste of time. It's far easier to shovel out the stercus taurorum in a debate than it is in an article, where you have to provide references for grand pronouncements.
Good on you, father.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Father,

If you wrote that article looking at modern theologians would you reach the same conclusions? 
(12-28-2011, 10:20 PM)FatherCekada Wrote: Deceptive Dimond Dissimulator

:LOL:
I didn’t have direct contact info for Fr. Gordon, but shot an email to a few of his confreres yesterday evening once this was brought to my attention.  I “disliked” the video and flagged it as inappropriate.

I was thinking about this again this morning though, and as despicable as I find “Brother” Dimond’s conduct to be, it really isn’t any different than what Lila Rose does to Planned Parenthood.  Are we applying a double standard?
I suggest the good father engage in a public debate with the Dimonds and sell a professional recording of said debate for the low, low price of $19.95.  That will help to further expose the Crisis the Church is currently enmeshed in.  And help put some money in father's pocket too.  Poor independent priests without a pope to piss on need all the money they can get. 
(12-28-2011, 11:53 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I suggest the good father engage in a public debate with the Dimonds and sell a professional recording of said debate for the low, low price of $19.95.  That will help to further expose the Crisis the Church is currently enmeshed in.  And help put some money in father's pocket too.  Poor independent priests without a pope to piss on need all the money they can get. 

Is that necessary?
While you may not agree with Father Cekeda's views he is a priest and deserves to be spoken to as one.
(12-29-2011, 12:06 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: While you may not agree with Father Cekeda's views he is a priest and deserves to be spoken to as one.

As soon as he agrees of speak of the Pope as if he is the pope, I'll return the favor.

As for Mr. Cekeda claiming the title "father" well....whatever helps you sleep at night.  Me?  I prefer whiskey.
(12-28-2011, 11:53 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I suggest the good father engage in a public debate with the Dimonds and sell a professional recording of said debate for the low, low price of $19.95.  That will help to further expose the Crisis the Church is currently enmeshed in.  And help put some money in father's pocket too.  Poor independent priests without a pope to piss on need all the money they can get. 

You should grow a pair and show some respect.