Dealing with the Deceptive Dimond Demimonde
(12-29-2011, 10:21 PM)Spencer Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 07:58 PM)columb Wrote: I don't hold to every conclusion arrived at by the Bros Dimond but I do agree with some.
Fr. Cekada, you agree with them on their sedevacante belief, I do not; neither do I disagree.

Which one is it? Do you agree or not?

columb Wrote:I just don't know for sure and don't feel competent to come down on one side definitively.

It does not have to be either/or. The poster obviously doesn't think himself to have the theological competence to make such a decision. None of us have such confidence, yet so many of us want to pretend we do and declare our opinions as though they were articles of faith. I respect someone who is willing to acknowledge with humility that we don't have all the answers. There are strong arguments on both sides. In the end, no-one will know until the Church authoritatively settles the matter. We should submit our intellects to what we cannot possibly know and proceed with caution in a way that corresponds to the principles the Church has given us when there is an objective doubt present.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Dealing with the Deceptive Dimond Demimonde - by INPEFESS - 12-29-2011, 10:36 PM