For those doing the Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary on the Purification
Whoop, I'm in! SarahRaphael talked me into renewing with her...   Eye-roll What a way to start 2012!  Grin

P.S.
(12-31-2011, 02:26 AM)sarahraphael Wrote:
(12-30-2011, 02:37 AM)Protrident Wrote: it talks about wearing a chain somewhere on you and never taking it off............  how do you get through airport security?  Serious question.  :-)

The chain is a totally optional sign of the devotion, which isn't often practiced anymore. I do have one friend who chose to do it, she wears a small chain on her wrist. She does, however, take it off if she's flying.

That friend would be moi. I do remove it when flying, but keep it physically on my person, and replace it asap. (Use pliers!)
Among my college friends, wearing the chain is quite popular; it is entirely optional though. Another option is the consecration ring (link to it and other optional external reminders http://store.saintbenedict.com/ & http://www.stuller.com/products/r43013/?groupId=85078).

Day two! Salve Regina!  Rose
Day  2 complete!  yay!
Saint Louis tells us to renew our consecrations following the same method of preparation, etc., every year on the the original Feast Day (which for me, was the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary).  But would there be anything contrary to renewing it, following the 33day preparation, act of consecration given by Saint Louis, etc., on another Feast Day such as the Annunciation this year?
(01-01-2012, 06:49 PM)City Smurf Wrote: Saint Louis tells us to renew our consecrations following the same method of preparation, etc., every year on the the original Feast Day (which for me, was the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary).  But would there be anything contrary to renewing it, following the 33day preparation, act of consecration given by Saint Louis, etc., on another Feast Day such as the Annunciation this year?

I haven't seen anything contrary to allowing that. My original consecration was on the Assumption, myself. But with going through T.D. and the new year all, I thought this would be a fine opportunity to renew and really delve into the devotion. Smile

For reference, I think this is an accurate list of the consecrators and renewees. Smile

Consecrating:

CollegeCatholic
Someone1776
Protrident and his wife

Renewing:

MaterLaeta
sarahraphael
DaughterofLight
Jackson K. Eskew (?)
Ygnacia
citysmurf (?)

Yayayay Mary's army!
(01-01-2012, 06:54 PM)sarahraphael Wrote:
(01-01-2012, 06:49 PM)City Smurf Wrote: Saint Louis tells us to renew our consecrations following the same method of preparation, etc., every year on the the original Feast Day (which for me, was the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary).  But would there be anything contrary to renewing it, following the 33day preparation, act of consecration given by Saint Louis, etc., on another Feast Day such as the Annunciation this year?

I haven't seen anything contrary to allowing that. My original consecration was on the Assumption, myself. But with going through T.D. and the new year all, I thought this would be a fine opportunity to renew and really delve into the devotion. Smile

My original feast was the Assumption as well, but I need the spiritual ignition right now. I plan to renew now, but will also renew on the Feast of the Assumption in August.
Yea, count me in.  I'll be following a method a little different than all of you though.  I'll be doing a four week preparation, instead of the 12 days and three weeks.
"To serve Mary and to be her courtier is the greatest honor we can possibly possess. For to serve the Queen of Heaven is already to reign on high, and to live under her commands is a greater thing than to govern!"  - Saint John Damascene (676 - 749) 
"So shines a good deed in a weary world."   - Willy Wonka

For modern-day stories of Saint Anthony's help in people's lives:  saintanthonylostandfound.blogspot.com
Day 3 - "Devotion to the Blessed Virgin in no way detracts from the Glory of God. Rather, it leads us directly back to that Author of all good, Who has willed her to be so great and so pure". - Pope Pius Xll
"So shines a good deed in a weary world."   - Willy Wonka

For modern-day stories of Saint Anthony's help in people's lives:  saintanthonylostandfound.blogspot.com
Forgot day 3 yesterday.  sad

Did Day 3 this morning, will do day 4 tonight to get back on track.