Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(12-29-2011, 02:47 PM)Stubborn Wrote: My assumption that my interpretation of Trent is correct is because it says what it says. Why others read it and see what is not there is beyond me - regardless, in the interest of seeking for the truth,  I am willing and ready to accept that I am wrong - but there ain't nobody going to convince me that Trent says there is such a thing as BOD - much less that Trent defines it.
No where in any authoritative Church teachings is salvation without baptism taught. And if perchance I am wrong - and I certainly am open to that distinct possibility - no one has yet been able to produce any evidence that such a teaching exists. IF it exists at all, it would contradict what has already been declared infallibly, which is why I say that it does not exist. Which is why I asked to which authority are we bound when there is a contradiction. 

Excellent post. No one has ever been able to show me that BOD has been formally defined. That's because it hasn't been. Water baptism has, on the other hand, been formally defined and it is an infallible teaching of the Church. Which am I required to believe? The infallible teaching of the Church.  

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by Jenn - 12-29-2011, 02:56 PM