Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(12-29-2011, 03:28 PM)Old Salt Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 03:25 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 03:12 PM)Old Salt Wrote: The Church definitively teaches of the reality of Baptism of Desire:

Thus the Catechism of the Catholic Church states: "Those who die for the faith, those who are catechumens, and all those who, without knowing of the Church but acting under the inspiration of grace, seek God sincerely and strive to fulfill his will, are saved even if they have not been baptized" (CCC 1281; the salvation of unbaptized infants is also possible under this system; cf. CCC 1260–1, 1283

I understand that this is taught, I also understand it contradicts Trent as I showed in my post on the bottom of the first page of this thread.

If to you, it does not contradict, then by all means explain how the above teaching from the CCC agrees with Trent.
I apologise for not having the time to read the whole piece, could you please cite the teaching of Trent that says there is no Baptism of Desire?

If any one saith, that true and natural water is not of necessity for baptism, and, on that account, wrests, to some sort of metaphor, those words of our Lord Jesus Christ; Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost; let him be anathema.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by Stubborn - 12-29-2011, 03:31 PM