Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(12-29-2011, 05:40 PM)Parmandur Wrote: Really, anything that puts a Catholic on the wrong side of St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Robert Bellarmine, St. Pius V, St. Pius X, St. Alphonsus Liguori, etc., is dubious.  To deny BoD is loopy and contrary to the Faith, and as the good Father in the OP pointed out, arguably a mortal sin.  Certainly it smacks more of Protestantism than of Catholicism, since it requires us to believe a fringe minority opinion to be superior to the Fathers and Scholastics and Counter-Reformers all in one go.

Then it should require little effort to show that the certainly infallible declarations agree with BOD -  as it is, the only ones I have ever seen all contradict BOD. 

Please provide either a version of BOD that does not contradict the below canon or another canon that agrees with any version of BOD.

Trent: If any one saith, that true and natural water is not of necessity for baptism, and, on that account, wrests, to some sort of metaphor, those words of our Lord Jesus Christ; Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost; let him be anathema.

I honestly do not think I am asking for the impossible here - or am I?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by Stubborn - 12-29-2011, 05:54 PM