Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(12-29-2011, 07:57 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 07:28 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 07:25 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 07:12 PM)Parmandur Wrote: Okay, clearly you have little idea about what St. Thomas taught, so here, have some more:

Clearly you have not read anything I have asked for. So, fwiw, I'll ask again.

Please show teachings on BOD from the Ordinary Magisterium that do not contradict the infallible teachings of the Perennial Magisterium.

I offered the example of infallible from Trent right here: If any one saith, that true and natural water is not of necessity for baptism, and, on that account, wrests, to some sort of metaphor, those words of our Lord Jesus Christ; Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost; let him be anathema.

Now, if you can say that Trent did not mean what it said in the above canon, I ask you to provide evidence of this - otherwise, the first thing Trent says is that ya gotta have water.

So did St. Thomas, but there is still BoD and BoB.  Trent's doctrine is St. Thomas' doctrine, through and through.  Where does it contradict him on BoD and BoB?  Why didn't any Tridentine theologians seem to notice this contradiction?

So you are not reading any contradiction. How is that possible?

Certainly there is no contradiction;  refer again to St. Thomas, which I cited above.  Msgr. Lefebfre didn't see a contradiction, nor St. Robert Bellarmine, St. Alphonsus Ligouri, nor Ludwig Ott.  Over the history of Catholic theology, Baptism of Desire and of Blood have been uncontroversial, and no contradiction with the Council of Trent detected.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by Parmandur - 12-29-2011, 08:17 PM