Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(12-30-2011, 10:09 PM)Doce Me Wrote: Man frequently uses the words "unless" and "necessary"  allowing for a deliberately unspoken exception.  We say "water is necessary for tomatoes to grow", and it IS truly necessary, yet God may provide a miraculous exception.   A mother may say "Unless you get in the car in 1 minute no dessert for you", and she is not lying or forgetful or powerless,  yet if the child twists his ankle, she makes an exception, and not by rushing the child only  to make the 1 minute deadline.  How foolish would the mother be to add the words "but if you really are unable, I will make an exception"?  God allows men to "twist their ankle" on the way to obey a command, and does not count this a sin, but doesn't make such exceptions explicit!    It doesn't matter that God has absolute power and can foresee everything, He still allows such impossibility for man and can make an exception [i]without being explict - or saying "probably".  God is more merciful and wise than a mother.

God CAN
1) give Baptism via water, in the ordinary way
2) give Baptism via water, bringing a preacher and water by a miracle
3) give Baptism of Desire, by the desire and grace that ONLY HE can instill in a soul

If you disallow 3 you are binding Almighty God to water, and denying that all things are possible to Him.  (In my sample, a mother is not bound to drag her injured child to meet the deadline, for she set the deadline.  God is not bound to obey the command that He meant for US!)

Using the word "Unless" does not imply a truth binding the Trinity.  It implies a command that binds us in the eyes of God

Imagine a great king, making a proclamation "Unless a knight retrieves a diamond from our magical mines today, he shall not compete for the hand of my daughter". The solemnity of the words does not bind the king to make no exception if a knight is heroic but cannot meet the deadline - no matter what power the king may have to magically transport the knight.

No one disputes that God, being God, is *not* bound by His own laws - the fact of the matter is that Trent never teaches such a thing, nor does Trent teach such a thing as BOD, nor does it teach that there are any exceptions or other forms of Baptism. The other baptisms are strictly a teaching of the Ordinary Magisterium and seems obvious that they contradict Trent.

Trent says water is necessary. It says the Sacraments are necessary for salvation. BOD is not a Sacrament. People say Trent rewards salvation via BOD when Trent says no such thing.

I claim those who say there is salvation via BOD contradict Trent and have asked for anyone to show where I am wrong - all I keep getting are obvious contradictions based on the great St. Thomas etc and misinterpretations of Trent.
I have a few more posts to read but so far, all that has been posted in favor of BOD still contradict Trent.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by Stubborn - 12-31-2011, 05:50 AM