Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(12-31-2011, 03:10 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: Stubborn,
The Sacrament of Baptism is not superfluous, nor have I implied that it is.  You continually assert that the Universal and Ordinary Magisterium contradicts Trent, but you have yet to prove that, aside from your own -- and supported by no theologian (nor Pontiff) of note -- interpretation of Trent's canons.  It's you "contra mundum."  A contradiction that is so clear to you is no such contradiction to ages of highly-educated priests, among whose ranks include saints, Pontiffs and Doctors.

Prove it?

Trent declares water, true water - "true and natural water" is necessary. This we absolutely are bound to believe and even die for if need be. That water is defined as a necessity there can be no argument. If there is then I guess I don't know what else to say - other than you're in denial.

Catechisms and some members of the OM state water is not a necessity - how can you possibly say the catechisms and OM do not contradict Trent? How? What is it are you thinking? It simply cannot get any more obvious.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by Stubborn - 12-31-2011, 03:21 PM