Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(12-31-2011, 02:27 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I always remember St. Thomas conjecturing something along the lines of God sending an angel to preach and baptise one of his elect that is lost somewhere in the jungle before missionaries could arrive at the spot. That seems to be the most correct interpretation of extraordinary circumstances: God providing all that is necessary to the elect, including baptism.

Yes. One of the things that is very irritating in this particular debate is this idea that "accidents" can prevent the elect from from being baptized. There are no "accidents" with God. He isn't sitting there thinking "My goodness, I wanted that man to be baptized. Too bad he got hit by a car first..." The idea is ludicrous.

On another note, I'm also more than a little amazed that proponents of BOD don't wonder why the most innocent of all, the unborn and unbaptized infants who pass away, are apparently assigned to Limbo, while the unbaptized above the age of reason, guilty of committing actual sins, can get to Heaven by BOD.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by Jenn - 12-31-2011, 03:40 PM