Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(12-31-2011, 03:32 PM)Stubborn Wrote: For the life of me I fail to understand what goes through the mind of any one who can say that "Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."  . . . .  and. . . . . Baptism of desire is sufficient for salvation, if it is impossible to receive the Baptism of water. are not an obvious contradiction.

You can have a laundry list of merely apparent contradictions such as these, and get as hung up on them as you are over the Desire for Baptism, yet you should not, and rather should submit your mind to the l list of where I tell you these teachings are found, which is to say indeed, the founts of the Faith, and in addition to the above, you can add the Sacred Liturgy, in its commemorations of unbaptised saints, and in addition to that, you can add the Commentaries of the Summa, where the loftiest doctrines are taught, and you can also add the Fathers and the Popes throughout time.

This is where the Faith is found.

Maybe where you need to start is changing your forum name from Stubborn to Docile, because that is what is needed in these days, docility to the Truth; stubbornness can go.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by jordanawef - 12-31-2011, 03:54 PM