Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(12-31-2011, 07:19 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(12-31-2011, 07:06 PM)jordanawef Wrote: Does that make sense to you why you would not find it that section, Chapter II "Sacrament of Baptism?"  Because it is not a Sacrament?  Do you understand that?  Baptism of desire can not be strictly called a Sacrament.

The Desire for Baptism is Not a Sacrament.  Baptism is a Sacrament.

Of course that makes sense to me. It also agrees with Trent and with Our Lord when the good St. says without it, no one can enter heaven.

Does that make sense to you?

It certainly does, which is why I said it.  Samewise, Baptism of Desire and Blood is held in a quasi-moral unity with Sacramental Baptism as Saints have noted, Fathers have noted, and, Theologians, Popes, and Doctors.  How this all works out in greater detail, is irrelevant, for you, who is seemingly unwilling to submit to the basic premises of the situation.  Now, it is not up to you to clarify it, extrapolate upon it, or pronounce upon it, or reform it.  What you need to is to with docility submit to what the Church teaches concerning in it, in its entirety, and no more or no less, in the basic Catechism.  

Have it in the Catechism of Trent, or Baltimore, or Gasparri, or Pius X, it doesn't matter.

Moreover, as I have said on this forum before, Scripture is not written in mathematically precise language.  I have several books on such protestant seeming apparent contradictions.  Will you submit to those too?

You know what St. Alphonsus teaches on this stubborn as you have admitted it before.  You hold that St. Alphonsus was overlooking this, and was in contradiction to himself, and the Church in following St. Alphonsus' Formulation and direct commentary on Trent on this matter.  For this, I have no salve.  You will remain, stubborn.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by jordanawef - 12-31-2011, 07:46 PM