Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(12-31-2011, 08:10 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(12-31-2011, 07:43 PM)Scriptorium Wrote:
(12-31-2011, 07:37 PM)Stubborn Wrote: Just remember, I am not out to be right. I am seeking the truth and am ready to be absolutely wrong and will happily admit it if/when that happens.

In the other thread, I could not even get you or any BOD supporters to admit the obvious. At least this thread my first question was answered clearly.

I freely confess my inabilities. As for this thread, just remember what you said which I bolded. I already see you starting to inch away from that commitment, i.e., slip out of the noose. I wish you well in the debate.

Don't worry - regardless of how I sound to you in print, I seek the truth and could care less about me being wrong - if you knew me in real life, you'd know that's a fact. I've been wrong a bazillion times in my life - and a bazillion times I strive to correct myself and will do the same for bazillion and one if that's the case - but I will not bend unless I am convinced. I'm not so quick to just say, "ok, there's no contradiction" - when there clearly is.

There is no contradiction in Church teaching.  Any contradiction is merely an apparent one.  A better thing to do would be, "I believe in what is in the Catechism, I believe St. Alphonsus, I believe the Popes, but I see a contradiction, and don't know how to solve it.  Nonetheless, I believe what the Church teaches."  Can you say that?  Yes, you can but will you?  Will you say that the Church teaches that the Desire for Baptism effects an extra-sacramental justification, and you don't know how to reconcile this with scripture, or do you reduce St. Alphonsus, Popes, and Theologians to all be heretics who set themself up against Christ's Sacramental system?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by jordanawef - 12-31-2011, 08:29 PM