Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(12-31-2011, 08:29 PM)jordanawef Wrote: There is no contradiction in Church teaching.  Any contradiction is merely an apparent one.

To you it is obvious that there is not even an apparent contradiction. To me, the contradiction is obvious.

(12-31-2011, 08:29 PM)jordanawef Wrote:   A better thing to do would be, "I believe in what is in the Catechism, I believe St. Alphonsus, I believe the Popes, but I see a contradiction, and don't know how to solve it.  Nonetheless, I believe what the Church teaches."  Can you say that?  Yes, you can but will you?

I don't know what to tell you - have you read the OP?

(12-31-2011, 08:29 PM)jordanawef Wrote:   Will you say that the Church teaches that the Desire for Baptism effects an extra-sacramental justification, and you don't know how to reconcile this with scripture, or do you reduce St. Alphonsus, Popes, and Theologians to all be heretics who set themself up against Christ's Sacramental system?

Why do make the claim that I have called anyone a heretic?

Some, not all members of the OM teach BOD, is that what you consider "the Church"? I do not consider some members of the OM to be the Church, I consider the pope and councils' pronouncements as well as the OM to be the Church - provided the teachings are in harmony - when it comes to BOD, they are not in harmony, they contradict.

Will you admit that BOD rejects the necessity of true actual water? No, you will not because for whatever reason, you  reject the idea that BOD rejects the necessity of water - why this is who can say?

To you, this is perfectly harmonious - to me, there is a major contradiction and I do not know who we are bound to believe, but will stick with Trent and Our Lord until someone convinces me that BOD means that there are  two completely different baptisms going on.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by Stubborn - 01-01-2012, 11:15 AM