Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(01-03-2012, 08:20 AM)columb Wrote: INPEFESS and moneil, thank you both for your replies. I will respond as soon as I get the chance.

I've been a lurker on FE for a while and have -til now- resisted the temptation to join in due to my lack of free time. The Christmas break provided me the opportunity to get involved at least for now.

INPEFESS, I've read much of what you've written on other threads and on various topics on FE and I've found myself in agreement with you on practically every sentence you've written. The fact that I don't share the same conviction as your good self concerning BoD, has given me pause to think more deeply on this subject.
I'd like to believe I'm approaching with an open mind as I'm acutely aware of how easily I have been deceived in the past when I was  (IMO) a well-intentioned front line NOer. I've since learnt that faith and reason are not opposed and that faith supercedes reason without contradicting it. Thus, the current dilemma.
While not lacking the will to submitt to any Church doctrine, on this matter the intellect refuses to follow.
As St Francis de Sales would put it, "Simplicity demands that the exterior be in conformity with the interior," meaning that, what is outwardly stated should be in conformity with what's inwardly believed. Currently I'm not convinced that BoD has risen to the status of a doctrine of the faith even though it enjoys much approval. The fact that Fr. Cekada, the SSPX, the FSSP, the CMRI, and practically any other order I could care to name all hold the same position on BoD causes me great concern.
Stubborn, Jenn and I are either modern-day St. Athanasius' or deceived heretics haha..
I would bet on the latter regarding myself.   Anyway, will get back with a response soon.

Pax.

Pax Christi tecum.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by INPEFESS - 01-03-2012, 08:33 AM