Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(01-04-2012, 03:53 AM)Doce Me Wrote: Columb,  such a catechumen would be infused with Sanctifying Grace by God, who Himself baptizes the man, making him a supernatural man, on account of a desire that God knows (and indeed put) in the man's heart.  It is not just  "any old desire", and it must be accompanied by a roadblock to the Sacrament that God knows and permits.

Thanks Doce Me, for plainly stating the all important ingredient -  so important in fact, that without it, BOD would not exist.

God plays no games, He does not make a Law, command our adherence to the Law, send the Apostles out on foot all over the world, command them to teach this Law to the whole human race in every corner of the world, then accompany that Law with a roadblock so as to make adherence to the Law impossible to adhere to - but ONLY for any person who sincerely desires it. That's a pretty darn and downright scary thought.

I mean you no disrespect, but this "permitted roadblock" comment completely perverts the doctrine of Divine Providence.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by Stubborn - 01-04-2012, 07:02 AM