Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada
(01-11-2012, 04:10 AM)Doce Me Wrote: When I read the Catechism assuming your point of view, I have to contort its reasoning to fit.

Only if you do not read what is written.

God commands that we are to be sacramentally baptized or we cannot enter heaven.
Trent echoes the command of Our Lord.
Trent does not reverse God's command and reward salvation to those unbaptized sacramentally.
Catechism of Trent echoes Trent.

People read catechism and read what is not written, not implied and not taught due to syllogism of grace + death = salvation.............regardless of what Trent defined, it's catechism echoes and numerous infallible declarations have proclaimed since that command of Our Lord....................you choose to believe many learned theologians who grant salvation without that sacrament based on above syllogism over and above thew teachings of infallible councils and the words of our Lord.

That is my guess as to why people read what is not written. It's similar for those who attend the both the NO and the TLM yet see only cosmetic differences between the two and believe both to be the same - only different.

Original Sin has to be sacramentally washed away or we cannot enter heaven. That is what Our Lord said and that is what Popes and councils have defined infallibly for 2000 years - so until the contradiction of BOD is defined or condemned, I'll stick with Trent:

"If any one saith, that the sacraments of the New Law are not necessary unto salvation, but superfluous; and that, without them, or without the desire thereof, men obtain of God, through faith alone, the grace of justification;-though all (the sacraments) are not ineed necessary for every individual; let him be anathema".

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles by Fr. Cekada - by Stubborn - 01-13-2012, 07:45 AM