Orthodox Jews spit on 8yr old girl on her way to school.....
(01-01-2012, 08:04 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: This makes the case for the old, old Good Friday prayer for the perfidious Jews. Nothing says 'I need to accept Jesus' quite like harassing children.

What was wrong with that prayer? Telling the truth is "harrassing children" to your way of thinking?

The prayer makes the petition that the veil be lifted from their hearts. Right out of St. Paul's mouth. Should we edit those passages out of the Bible too? It is kind of harsh langauge after all. One could almost call it harrassing language. St. Paul also said the brightness of God glowing on Moses face after he descended from Mt. Sinai was more than they could bear and that he had to wear a veil. St. Paul connects that event with the veil they had when they rejected the Son of God.

I suppose things are better now that the Church is becoming Judaized. Nothing says Catholic like calling Jews Elder Brothers and Elder Fathers in the Faith.
(01-01-2012, 06:20 PM)Marc Wrote: Sock Puppet's posts read to me like a cross between stvincentferrer and a really edgy icecream.

What would be a really edgy ice cream? Spumoni?  ???
(01-01-2012, 11:35 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote:
(01-01-2012, 06:20 PM)Marc Wrote: Sock Puppet's posts read to me like a cross between stvincentferrer and a really edgy icecream.

icecream was the best poster this site ever had.

Fisheaters has never been the same since he left. :(
(01-02-2012, 12:00 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:

I am not an adequate replacement?
AHA!

Someone IS Icecream...

quick check the basement...
(01-02-2012, 12:08 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:

Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy, I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy.
(01-01-2012, 11:33 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: What was wrong with that prayer? Telling the truth is "harrassing children" to your way of thinking?

The prayer makes the petition that the veil be lifted from their hearts. Right out of St. Paul's mouth. Should we edit those passages out of the Bible too? It is kind of harsh langauge after all. One could almost call it harrassing language. St. Paul also said the brightness of God glowing on Moses face after he descended from Mt. Sinai was more than they could bear and that he had to wear a veil. St. Paul connects that event with the veil they had when they rejected the Son of God.

I suppose things are better now that the Church is becoming Judaized. Nothing says Catholic like calling Jews Elder Brothers and Elder Fathers in the Faith.

Adam, I suggest you go back and reread what tradne wrote. He's suggesting that because these ultra-Orthodox Jews are harassing children we should return to the Traditional Good Friday prayer. He IS NOT saying that the traditional prayer is tantamount to harassing children.
(01-01-2012, 11:33 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote:
(01-01-2012, 08:04 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: This makes the case for the old, old Good Friday prayer for the perfidious Jews. Nothing says 'I need to accept Jesus' quite like harassing children.

What was wrong with that prayer? Telling the truth is "harrassing children" to your way of thinking?

You misunderstood. I truly want to see the old Good Friday prayer restored. I was talking about those ultra orthodox Jews really needing to accept Jesus as evidenced by their behavior towards those children. The article that alaric linked to said that they have been hassling the girls for a long time now.
(01-02-2012, 08:57 AM)tradne4163 Wrote:
(01-01-2012, 11:33 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote:

You misunderstood. I truly want to see the old Good Friday prayer restored. I was talking about those ultra orthodox Jews really needing to accept Jesus as evidenced by their behavior towards those children. The article that alaric linked to said that they have been hassling the girls for a long time now.

Got it. See how easy it is to get off the rails? Thanks for the clarification. I have known about this kind of harrassment for a long time and did not bother to read the article.

(01-02-2012, 12:17 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 12:08 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:

Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy, I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy.
That line was actually said in my hometown.  :grin: