Gift Card: What Should I Get?
(01-01-2012, 02:30 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: This looks good for you, and you will even have money left over.

Amazon.com Book Suggestion

It's true, I'm riddled with wretched pride. This is why I'm in the midst of slowly reading Fr. Cajetan Mary da Bergamo's great Humility of Heart. Happily, this book was written by a Catholic, not by heretics.

Since you, Adam, have conquered pride, would you kindly take me under your wing and teach me the ways of humility?
(01-01-2012, 02:59 PM)Jackson K. Eskew Wrote:
(01-01-2012, 02:30 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: This looks good for you, and you will even have money left over.

It's true, I'm riddled with wretched pride. This is why I'm in the midst of slowly reading Fr. Cajetan Mary da Bergamo's great Humility of Heart. Happily, this book was written by a Catholic, not by heretics.

Since you, Adam, have conquered pride, would you kindly take me under your wing and teach me the ways of humility?

False humility, Jackson. I can smell it a mile away and even over internet connections. Can't you take a joke?

I never saw the point in accusing someone else of pride, even as a joke.

Aren't all sins essentially sins of pride?
(01-01-2012, 03:02 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote:
(01-01-2012, 02:59 PM)Jackson K. Eskew Wrote:

False humility, Jackson. I can smell it a mile away and even over internet connections. Can't you take a joke?

False humility, yes. This is why I need you to take me as your disciple in the true ways of humility. Let me know. Fr. Bergamo's book isn't proving to be powerful enough. I'm now convinced that only with your instruction might I throw off this malignant pride.