Plenary Indulgence for last day of year.
Maybe some one can please help me with this.
I saw on Rorate Caeli blog that if one chants or recites a Te Deum in an oratory or church one will recieve a Plenary Indulgence today, if the other conditions are met.
Would a private blessed chapel count as an "oratory"?

"Plenary Indulgence reminder: Te Deum

§ 1. A plenary indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a church or in an oratory, are present [take part] in a recitation or solemn chant of:
2° the Te Deum hymn, on the last day of the year, in thanksgiving to God for the favors received in the course of the entire year.
(Reference: Enchiridion Indulgentiarum, 4th edition, al. concessiones"
What other conditions must be met?
(12-31-2011, 12:39 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: What other conditions must be met?
You must have recieved sacramental absolution 7 days prior to the indulgence [go to confession]
You must receive the Blessed Sacrament worthily in the same period.
You must pray for the Holy Father [Creed, Pater Noster, Ave Maria]
You must not be attached to any form of sin, either venial or mortal [for this you make an act of the will through God not to be attached to any sin]
Here's how Catholic Encyclopedia defines "oratory"

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11271a.htm

Private oratories

Are those erected in private houses for the convenience of some person or family by an indult of the Holy See. They can be erected only by permission of the pope.
(12-31-2011, 02:26 PM)Spooky Wrote: Here's how Catholic Encyclopedia defines "oratory"

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11271a.htm

Private oratories

Are those erected in private houses for the convenience of some person or family by an indult of the Holy See. They can be erected only by permission of the pope.
The bishop[Ordinary] gave permission for this one.
(12-31-2011, 12:15 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Maybe some one can please help me with this.
I saw on Rorate Caeli blog that if one chants or recites a Te Deum in an oratory or church one will recieve a Plenary Indulgence today, if the other conditions are met.
Would a private blessed chapel count as an "oratory"?

"Plenary Indulgence reminder: Te Deum

§ 1. A plenary indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a church or in an oratory, are present [take part] in a recitation or solemn chant of:
2° the Te Deum hymn, on the last day of the year, in thanksgiving to God for the favors received in the course of the entire year.
(Reference: Enchiridion Indulgentiarum, 4th edition, al. concessiones"

I'm not sure but, if I understand my chaplain correctly, it must be sung/recited publicly. 

The same applies to singing the Veni Creator on January 1st.  We'll be doing both at my chapel tonight.

Happy New Year!