Baptism of Desire: Avoiding the Red Herrings on a Nearby Thread
A nearby thread was supposedly initiated to discuss my article Baptism of Desire and Theological Principles., which may be found here:

http://www.traditionalmass.org/images/ar...roofed.pdf

Unfortunately the pro-Feeney faction promptly hijacked the thread with their usual tiresome hermeneutics of Cantate Domino, Bonface VIII, etc.

My article did not treat these topics at all. Instead, its argument was as follows:

1. General Principle from Pius IX: All Catholics are obliged to adhere to a teaching if Catholic theologians hold it by common consent, or hold it as de fide or Catholic doctrine, or as theologically certain.

2. Particular Fact: Catholic theologians DO hold the teaching on baptism of desire (and baptism of blood) by common consent, or hold it as de fide or Catholic doctrine, or as theologically certain.

(See the table at the end of the article citing twenty-six approved Catholic theologians,.)

3. Conclusion: Therefore all Catholics are obliged to adhere to the teaching on baptism of desire (and baptism of blood).

I provided ample citations in my article to support points 1 and 2.

Does any member of the Feeney faction here deny #1?

Or does any member of the Feeney faction here deny #2?

Please stick to discussing the argument that I actually made.

Messages In This Thread
Baptism of Desire: Avoiding the Red Herrings on a Nearby Thread - by FatherCekada - 12-31-2011, 04:42 PM