Baptism of Desire: Avoiding the Red Herrings on a Nearby Thread
(01-01-2012, 02:09 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote:
(01-01-2012, 01:59 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(01-01-2012, 01:56 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: It's my understanding that the Universal and Ordinary Magisterium is infallible (see Vatican I), and included in its expression is the common and constant consent of theologians when they teach doctrines to be de fide or theologically certain (see Tanquerey and Van Noort).  Opposing such doctrines is sinful.

Such as Vatican II and the magisterium of its popes and theologians?

Almost all of the Church today, except for a very reduced number of trads, believes in the new teachings.

It seems as though the Church's theologians haven't done much teaching in the last 50 years and have all but abandoned the classification of doctrines (Professio Fidei notwithstanding).

As for Vatican II and the post-conciliar Magisterium, I cannot get into it here due to the forum's rules.

Nevertheless, the cognitive dissonance is apparent.

The due obedience owed to the Church that any priest or catechist would teach you before the Council is largely responsible for people losing the faith afterwards.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire: Avoiding the Red Herrings on a Nearby Thread - by Vetus Ordo - 01-01-2012, 02:24 PM