Baptism of Desire: Avoiding the Red Herrings on a Nearby Thread
(02-02-2012, 04:17 AM)Gregory I Wrote: Neither of them directly answered that question. YOu seem sure of every OTHER answer you give me, why so hesitant all of a sudden?

When Jesus says "Truly, I say unto you; unless a man is born of water and the spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."

How should THAT VERSE be interpreted for those who die justified without water baptism? Literally, or metaphorically?

In addition, if a person Dies justified by his desire for baptism, is baptism optional for him, since he is already justified?

Your inability to answer the question PRECISELY the way I phrased it simply demonstrates your bad will.

However, I will give you a chance to show some GOOD will:

What do those questions mean?

They answered your question by showing that your reading would imply any baby who dies without receiving the Eucharist would go straight to hell.  Your reading is not even literal.

No, someone who dies justified by BoD dies participating in Baptism THROUGH HIS DESIRE FOR THE LATHER OF REGENERATION, as the Council teaches.  If justified at death, then saved, by definition.

Your inability to see that your question is phrased incorrectly demonstrates the quality of your own will, sirrah.  :LOL:  I refuse to answer it as you phrased it, BECAUSE YOUR TERMS ARE WRONG.  It's not that my will is bad, but that I refuse to play the game by false rules, which if you would bother to read the OP, is the entire problem with the Feeneyite position.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Baptism of Desire: Avoiding the Red Herrings on a Nearby Thread - by Parmandur - 02-02-2012, 04:24 AM