Apologising for EENS
(01-01-2012, 05:53 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(01-01-2012, 11:46 AM)Albino_Luciani Wrote: How can Protestants get to Heaven if they do not confess their sins to a Catholic priest?  -Sister Lucia dos Santos of Fatima to Father Lombardi

Well, if they're baptized, then hopefully they have perfect contrition at their death.  They can go to heaven without confessing to a Catholic priest the same way a Catholic can go to heaven without confessing to a Catholic priest.

If they can pull that off, then they are no longer Protestants at their death but they have reverted to Catholics as they were at their Baptism.  You know this, but it bears repeating for others reading. Any valid Baptism is a Catholic Baptism, there is no other Baptism that is real and no Baptism for a false Church or religion.  Orthodox Baptisms are Catholic.  The various mechanisms by which God pulls them back into the Church before death are matters for our speculation, but none of them die as Protestants or Orthodox except to our outward perceptions.  But if they get to Heaven, they get their as Catholics.

"The various mechanisms by which God pulls them back into the Church before death are matters for our speculation, but none of them die as Protestants or Orthodox except to our outward perceptions.  But if they get to Heaven, they get their as Catholics."

That's a good, succinct, summary. [ Have a fishie >))))))º> ] I think we can hope and pray for those who seemingly died outside the Church because we don't know what God does at the end of their lives and we know God is merciful.  But we need to try to get them into the Church because His Mercy won't extend to everyone.

We know that salvation is for many, not all, but God makes it available to all if they cooperate with Him.  I'm very grateful that the new English Missal has this translated properly, and also that they got "anima" right this time.  I had been saying "and my soul will be healed" for years, now everybody says it. 

Having a TLM would be better, of course, but there's no way to get enough priests trained in the near future to meet the needs of those of us who want it, not to mention those who don't know yet that they want it.