January 1st: The Mass of the Holy Father--TAKE A LOOK!
(01-01-2012, 11:33 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I'm glad the Holy Father wore some fabulous looking vestments for mass.  But I'm not "happy" about it because the problem remains, the NO.  COTT?  Good.  Proper vestments?  Good.  STILL keeping the mass of all time locked in a box to be taken out just for the sake of appeasing difficult and slow to change Catholics?  nuh-uh.  If they're going to say the NO, they might as well go "all out." 

The whole point Fr. Z. was making was that the change back is "brick by brick".  He was saying that these good things he described were steps in the right direction, not that the problem is solved.  Change takes time.  We need to train a new generation of priests who can say the TLM.  We need a laity that understands our true role and stops trying to usurp the priest's. 

When God led the Hebrews out of slavery in Egypt, He let them wander in the wilderness for 40 years because they were not ready for the Promised Land.  There had to be time for a new generation to grow up who were accustomed to freedom.  God acts in His own timing not ours.  He is just as able to lead His people as He ever was.
(01-01-2012, 09:24 PM)Vincentius Wrote: I was a bit late and just happened to tune in during Communion.  There was a shot which showed a woman putting out her hands to receive but the priest refused (though she kept insisting) and she finally received in the tongue.  I thought that perhaps this "scene" if watched by many priests and "EMHCs" would start discouraging Communion in the hand but I am not holding my breath. 

Excellent, let's hope so.  CBC showed the Pope being rolled in on a trolley.  The announcer said that there were rumors that Pope Benedict may have severe arthritis in his legs.  Did anyone notice his tall gold mitre?  It looked like there was a gold image of the Blessed Virgin on it.  I don't know if it was the mitre of Pope Pius IX - Pio Nono mentioned in this 2008 article or not.  I couldn't view the video that Magdalene posted because it wanted me to download microsoft silverlite and haven't been able to find it elsewhere online.  Was this the mitre that the Pope was wearing? 
http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/200...aundy.html

[Image: pioixmitrald8.jpg]
Yes, that's the mitre.
What does the corn symbolize on the mitre?
Is it corn?  It almost looks like it could be lillies still in bud.
(01-02-2012, 01:12 AM)mikemac Wrote: Is it corn?  It almost looks like it could be lillies still in bud.

Lilies would make more sense than corn. 
(01-02-2012, 01:13 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 01:12 AM)mikemac Wrote: Is it corn?  It almost looks like it could be lillies still in bud.

It's Popecorn. 
Popecorn  :LOL:

It's a beautiful mitre though.
(01-02-2012, 01:16 AM)Gerard Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 01:13 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:

It's Popecorn. 

It DOES look like corn  .________.
I think it looks like these lilies still in bud.

[Image: P1010020.JPG]