January 1st: The Mass of the Holy Father--TAKE A LOOK!
(01-02-2012, 01:16 AM)Gerard Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 01:13 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 01:12 AM)mikemac Wrote: Is it corn?  It almost looks like it could be lillies still in bud.

Lilies would make more sense than corn. 

It's Popecorn. 

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:  Excellent response. A  >))))))º>  for you.

@ mikemac

The first time that Benedict used the Papal Mover,  we were told that he has very bad arthritis in one hip.  Not unusual for a man his age but it's a good idea for him to avoid walking too much and the nave of St. Peter's is, IIRC, the length of a football field. 

Riding also offers him more protection from people jumping out of the crowd -- remember Christmas Eve Midnight Mass a couple of years back?  A mentally ill woman toppled Il Papa and at least one cardinal before the guards got hold of her.  Benedict seemed to go flat on his face on the floor so I was surprised he was able to get up and carry on with the Mass.  I don't know whether the cardinal ever recovered.

The Pope said "No" to using the sedia and I don't blame him.  I'd be worried that the bearers would drop me, possibly due to being attacked themselves.  Falls are very bad for the elderly, and the worst is when they fall from some height as from the sedia.  Some who break their hip decline rapidly afterwards. 

OTOH, lots of people older than B-16 is have successful hip replacements. 
But it's best if you can avoid surgery by simply not stressing your joints too much.

(01-01-2012, 08:54 PM)Magdalene Wrote: If you watch the video, you will hear the Second Reading in English with not even the slightest bow to “inclusive language”.  The women reads about us all being “sons”… not “sons and daughters”.

Women reading Scripture in liturgy is a modernist and offensive abuse which flies in the face of Tradition and Scripture.

So much for "smells and bells," they can't even get this one simple thing straight.
"Women reading Scripture in liturgy..."

In the Jewish Second Temple, the Abomination of Desolation was one altar built against the other and women thrusting themselves into the holy places.

Sounds very familiar.
(01-02-2012, 08:09 AM)Albino_Luciani Wrote: "Women reading Scripture in liturgy..."

In the Jewish Second Temple, the Abomination of Desolation was one altar built against the other and women thrusting themselves into the holy places.

Sounds very familiar.

Hauntingly so.
(01-02-2012, 01:16 AM)Gerard Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 01:13 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 01:12 AM)mikemac Wrote: Is it corn?  It almost looks like it could be lillies still in bud.

Lilies would make more sense than corn. 

It's Popecorn

:LOL:  Ouch!  I was drinking hot coffee when I read that! 
(01-02-2012, 07:34 AM)Revixit Wrote: @ mikemac

The first time that Benedict used the Papal Mover,  we were told that he has very bad arthritis in one hip.  Not unusual for a man his age but it's a good idea for him to avoid walking too much and the nave of St. Peter's is, IIRC, the length of a football field. 

Riding also offers him more protection from people jumping out of the crowd -- remember Christmas Eve Midnight Mass a couple of years back?  A mentally ill woman toppled Il Papa and at least one cardinal before the guards got hold of her.  Benedict seemed to go flat on his face on the floor so I was surprised he was able to get up and carry on with the Mass.  I don't know whether the cardinal ever recovered.

The Pope said "No" to using the sedia and I don't blame him.  I'd be worried that the bearers would drop me, possibly due to being attacked themselves.  Falls are very bad for the elderly, and the worst is when they fall from some height as from the sedia.  Some who break their hip decline rapidly afterwards. 

OTOH, lots of people older than B-16 is have successful hip replacements. 
But it's best if you can avoid surgery by simply not stressing your joints too much.

I see, very bad arthritis in one hip, not in his legs like I thought CBC had said.  In fact that may have been what CBC said, in one hip, I just caught the end of it while I was on the internet.
So if he had to walk he would make his way slowly and might have a halting step because of the bad hip.

Interesting.  I am going to buy some more beans.
"and might have a halting step"

Oops, the "Bishop dressed in white" has come and gone and it wasn't John Paul II either.
(01-01-2012, 09:57 PM)Josué Wrote:
(01-01-2012, 09:12 PM)City Smurf Wrote: C'mon Your Holiness!  Just do it!  Troll everyone!  Celebrate a Papal Mass according to the rubrics of 1962  :LOL:!

What would that be like? I understand that there would be some orders restored or something for that to happen right?
From my understand there is a simplified version of the Missal of '62 Papal Mass that has been used by past Pontiffs, that does not require the Papal Court retinue.
Pope Benedict XVI could easily offer this.