Reform of the Reform: Is the Kiko Rite approval coming up?
(01-02-2012, 01:44 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 11:47 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I just woke up and am reading this swill, can someone explain to me where the title of the article is reconciled with the contents of it?  It sounds like these "liturgical differences" have been forbidden so where do we come to understand taht they might meet an official approval?

Don't let that get in the way of the conclusion.

That said, the Neocat Way group is jacked up. Everything they've written has been ordered revised by the Vatican.

Sadly, that is not the way to fix this problem.

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic, but just in case someone else feels this way, I'll propose the question again.  This article basically is just cataloging what these people are doing, it says nothing to the effect (as far as I read) that they're undergoing the process to meet official approval.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(01-02-2012, 01:05 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Whats amazing to me is that this group is about to become canonically set up and the Transalpine Redemptorists have waited 4 years for a canonical situation and have recieved none.

It's "amazing" to you?

It seems pretty normal to me.
(01-02-2012, 02:15 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 01:05 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Whats amazing to me is that this group is about to become canonically set up and the Transalpine Redemptorists have waited 4 years for a canonical situation and have recieved none.

It's "amazing" to you?

It seems pretty normal to me.

I feel like I'm really missing something.  Can you highlight the part of the article that says they're about to be canonically set up?
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
I think the Adidas shirt says everything.

If I were to guess, this sect will be tolerated but not 'regularized.'  They should be immediately corrected but the chaos of the past forty years makes any particular crackdown seem arbitrary.  Unless order is restored in general, the Neocatechumenal Way will likely continue with its truly disordered practices.
(01-02-2012, 01:56 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: This article basically is just cataloging what these people are doing, it says nothing to the effect (as far as I read) that they're undergoing the process to meet official approval.

The leaders of the "Kikos" will be received by His Holiness on January 20, 2012, for the special approval of all their rites. This rumor was also confirmed by Spanish blogger Francisco de la Cigoña, author of the renowned blog La Cigueña de la Torre, who is usually very up-to-date and trustworthy in Church matters. Rorate's article linked to his and build up on that by reminding us of what the Neocatechumenal Way is all about.

Besides, it stands to reason that if Rome didn't want them in, they would have been excommunicated by now, not being received by the Pope.

(01-02-2012, 02:21 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 01:56 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: This article basically is just cataloging what these people are doing, it says nothing to the effect (as far as I read) that they're undergoing the process to meet official approval.

The leaders of the "Kikos" will be received by His Holiness on January 20, 2012, for the special approval of all their rites. This rumor was also confirmed by Spanish blogger Francisco de la Cigoña, author of the renowned blog La Cigueña de la Torre, who is usually very up-to-date and trustworthy in Church matters. Rorate's article linked to his and build up on that by reminding us of what the Neocatechumenal Way is all about.

Besides, it stands to reason that if Rome didn't want them in, they would have been excommunicated by now, not being received by the Pope.

Good day, Vetus. My little observation here is that this is all speculation and an attempt at "rallying the troops" as it were. Starting off the year with a bang, let's get riled up as traditionalists - and let us start by looking at others and being indignant about it! This is the same tactic that the modernists take - the message from Rome is "there will be talks with the SSPX" and what they see is "there will be talks about making the dirty stinkin' Latin Mass take over the world while the Pope apologizes for the excommunications and canonizes ArchBishop Lefebvre". All the while, nothing of the sort is happening, but they certainly make a stink of it.

This is all speculation that merits us absolutely nothing. If it is true that they are going to get the go ahead, there is nothing we can do about it and so our moaning will do nothing except to further anger us and perhaps lead us into sin. If it is false, then won't we all feel foolish for buying into the speculations?

As you and I both know - having an audience with His Holiness or any Vatican officials is not an automatic "welcome in, let us give you our stamp of approval" message. It wasn't long ago that the Jesuits had an audience with the Pope (or one of the top Cardinal prefects) to sign a document because they were getting a bit too... well, a bit too over-the-edge if you will.

Let us just wait and see. Is the Kiko Rite being welcomed in? Who knows. Personally, I am forever and optimist, and I think His Holiness may be giving them a talking to about their shenanigans. Let it be done according to God's Will!

Here is the wierd thing:

While I have not observed their form of liturgy and from what I have read, I never want to...

I know several priests of the "Way" and they are very good priests.  They are in my diocese and, in fact, my diocese has one of their seminaries.  These men are essentially orthodox in their training and are pro-life and Eucharistic and Marian.  I am impressed with them so far. But, as I said, I never have witnessed one of the strange  innovative liturgies and since I would prefer the TLM over all other liturgies, I will keep  my distance.

Our young parochial vicar came from the Redemptoris Mater (neocat way) seminary and has a depth of holiness I have never found in a newly ordained priest in my life. In fact, he is my confessor.

Maybe they are not all cut from the same cloth?
(01-02-2012, 02:42 PM)SPB Wrote: My little observation here is that this is all speculation and an attempt at "rallying the troops" as it were. Starting off the year with a bang, let's get riled up as traditionalists - and let us start by looking at others and being indignant about it!

You're missing the point. Being informed and worried about what happens in the Church, especially in these times that all good men of religion confess to be troubling and critical, has nothing to do with thriving on being indignant. It's not the first time that you come up with these veiled accusations when it comes to traditional Catholics. I, for once, would gladly cease to be indignant at all about anything going on in Rome: it would be a sign that things were sane again or that I would have given up on the faith. No matter how heartbreaking, the solution is not to take the blue pill and remain wilfully ignorant, although many a people like to preach that gospel: "when in doubt or scandalised, close your eyes and pray harder."

Quote:This is all speculation that merits us absolutely nothing. If it is true that they are going to get the go ahead, there is nothing we can do about it and so our moaning will do nothing except to further anger us and perhaps lead us into sin. If it is false, then won't we all feel foolish for buying into the speculations?

The Neocatechumenal Way, unlike traditional Catholicism, has been approved and encouraged by Rome since the time of John Paul II. Benedict XVI is just following in the steps of his predecessor. The full approval of their "rites," or shenanigans as you aptly put it, is likely to come about any time soon given the wide approval they have in the mainstream Church, especially in Europe. One just has to be aware of what's going on. It has nothing to do with wild speculations.

Quote:As you and I both know - having an audience with His Holiness or any Vatican officials is not an automatic "welcome in, let us give you our stamp of approval" message. It wasn't long ago that the Jesuits had an audience with the Pope (or one of the top Cardinal prefects) to sign a document because they were getting a bit too... well, a bit too over-the-edge if you will.

A mere audience doesn't mean much but an audience followed by years of encouragement and tacit approval, both at the diocesan and curial levels, has other implications. The Jesuits' audience was another sign of how disoriented the Church has become: a rebellious order that should have been suppressed decades ago, continues to thrive and foster heresy at every possible opportunity without any serious measures being undertaken by Rome. It's an ongoing scandal. Yet, traditional Catholicism continues to be outcast. True Catholicism is the last acceptable prejudice, even in the Church, and a clear reminder that the world rules the Church and not the other way around.

Quote:Let it be done according to God's Will!

Amen! And let us all strive to conform to it.
(01-02-2012, 02:17 PM)kingtheoden Wrote: I think the Adidas shirt says everything.

If I were to guess, this sect will be tolerated but not 'regularized.'  They should be immediately corrected but the chaos of the past forty years makes any particular crackdown seem arbitrary.  Unless order is restored in general, the Neocatechumenal Way will likely continue with its truly disordered practices.
It was ignorant, that.

She obviously had no respect for the Successor of St Peter.