Atheists using the council of Nicea in their own defense
(01-03-2012, 06:57 PM)Spooky Wrote: What is painfully obvious is how hard that person's heart must be.  sad How sad.  Pray

BTW, what's with the blank posts? I see these occasionally. Is it intentional or just my comp/browser? (I almost typed Bowser lol)

That means someone "deleted" their post by modifying it.  they erase everything and leave a period.  In this case, Someone1776 wrote that he is gay and hates black people and then realized that he was posting on FE and promptly deleted it.  An understandable mistake.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Ah, OK, thanks Mith.
(01-03-2012, 05:55 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: Here is what what some guy is trying to use in his argument against the church. Any way to simply reply with historical proof to this ignorant person?

" The niggerdom of your posts astounds me. It's like you think the bible was written by Jesus and passed down after his death. If you had actually read anything about the Council, you would have read that it resulted in adopting the dumbass, unpopular catholic version of christianity as the state religion, changed several versus in the bible, deleted several versus, wrote the language concerning the "trinity", changed Jesus's birthdate, and some other unimportant shit. Why was this needed? probably because Arianism had overtaken Catholicism and the conflicts resulting from two asshole christian sects not agreeing on facetious dumb shit was irritating the piss out of Constantine. Catholicism was so prominent back then that pope sylvester had little power and nobody gave a shit about him or the delegates he sent to the council. The Catholic church has a long history of niggerdom that is well documented, yet somehow they still convince dumb assholes like yourself to follow it and believe its self proclaimed infallibility which has been refuted time and time again."

Thanks

Niggerdom? racist slurs? this is not a secular humanist atheist, more of an "aryan superiority" kind.
I guess this is my fault for reading Rollerblade forums! Haha. I'm 29 and still mess up public property by grinding down their handrails and concrete ledges with my skates. Should I go to confession for this?
Why waste any time arguing with philistines?
He is not interested in answers.

I'd not discuss it further.

But if you must, I'd not take the bait and question his philosophy. If he is so rational and enlightened, then what is the real objection to the Church?

After all, the rational human mind needs a reason, and one fairy tale is equal to another. If he thinks his experiences of a collection of chemical reactions which will cease soon is worth validating, then why shouldn't others do the same?