What's the Trad Opinion On Anglicans/Episcopalians Joining the Catholic Church?
(01-05-2012, 04:46 PM)Richard C Wrote: Incidentally, has anyone seen the text for the Anglican Use Mass? It is not identical to the Anglican service, and not only in prayers for the pope, I am given to understand.

I've attended many Anglican Use Masses. There are two forms: Rite I and Rite II. Rite I uses "King James English", Rite II is a contemporary English form. Rite I is a modified version of the 1928 Book of Common Prayer with a great strength (the use of the Roman Canon) and a great weakness (the Novus Ordo Offertory casually inserted in place of what was there before). At my Anglican Use church, it's common to use the Greek Kyrie and Latin settings of the Ordinary of the Mass; sometimes the Gregorian Propers as well.

The Anglican Use liturgy is NOT to be confused with the Anglican Ordinariates. The reason is because, so I'm told, very few or no Ordinariate churches in England itself actually use the Anglican Use Mass. They prefer the Novus Ordo. The Ordinariate for England and Wales was established almost a year ago. The one for the United States was established earlier this week.

Here's a good sample of what Rite I of the Anglican Use liturgy looks like on paper: http://atonementonline.com/orderofmass/Rite1.html
I think they are still working on a new liturgy for the English Ordinariate. HK is right to say that many of them have been saying the NO since before they crossed over, though.
One would hope that the influx of Anglicans could introduce more sophisticated aesthetical tastes to modern parishes and, hopefully, better choirs and singing congregations.
(01-05-2012, 05:07 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: One would hope that the influx of Anglicans could introduce more sophisticated aesthetical tastes to modern parishes and, hopefully, better choirs and singing congregations.

I'm certain they will
(01-04-2012, 01:28 PM)OldMan Wrote:
(01-04-2012, 12:41 PM)atlantis587 Wrote:
(01-04-2012, 09:02 AM)OldMan Wrote: Seems to me they joined the wrong religion.

The Catholic Church?

No, the post Vatican II Ecumenical Church!
There is only one Catholic Church and the TAC has joined it.
God bless them!
Only problem is they will have to use the 1980 version of the Anglican Rite Catholic Mass which is basically the NO.
(01-05-2012, 06:26 PM)Old Salt Wrote:
(01-04-2012, 01:28 PM)OldMan Wrote:
(01-04-2012, 12:41 PM)atlantis587 Wrote:
(01-04-2012, 09:02 AM)OldMan Wrote: Seems to me they joined the wrong religion.

The Catholic Church?

No, the post Vatican II Ecumenical Church!
There is only one Catholic Church and the TAC has joined it.

TAC is very close to joining, but has not signed on the dotted line yet. 
What is TAC?  All this new life is being breathed into the Church.  I hope it'll benefit her/
(01-05-2012, 06:55 PM)Josué Wrote: What is TAC?  All this new life is being breathed into the Church.  I hope it'll benefit her/

The SSPX of the Anglican Church. 
(01-05-2012, 07:00 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 06:55 PM)Josué Wrote: What is TAC?  All this new life is being breathed into the Church.  I hope it'll benefit her/

The SSPX of the Anglican Church. 

Haha! Truly.

The TAC is the Traditional Anglican Communion (http://www.themessenger.com.au/).

They the Anglican alternative to the Anglican Communion, the Anglican Catholic Church, Church of England (continuing) etc... are all members. The TAC have decided to join the Ordinariate, though like has been said, never signed the dotted line yet, because they have some stubborn members who will not join.