SSPX Chapel in Greenwood, Indiana (Indianapolis, IN)
Heeeey fishies,
So, I'm going to the SSPX Greenwood chapel tomorrow for Mass.  I've been there once, so whoop.  Seems like a nice place. 

Do we have anyone here that goes?  Do you want to say hello?  Maybe chit chat after Mass?  Let me know.  Um, either respond here or PM. 

Or, if you don't want to, then don't.  :P  Haha.

Also, I was in Oak Park (Chicago) last week.  Maybe someone was there? 

Oh well.  Anyways, woot.
What did you think of Oak Park?
I liked Oak Park.  The neighborhood I was unsure of.  I came from Wilmette and didn't realize I was on Cicero until I saw a rims store.  Bout near crapped my pants.  I was driving my mom's Cadillac SRX at like, 9:30am to Mass.  Aside from the drive, haha, I really liked the Mass.  The church was nice looking.  The choir sounded great.  I thought the priest was excellent.  I'd go back.  :)
(01-12-2012, 10:30 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: I liked Oak Park.  The neighborhood I was unsure of.  I came from Wilmette and didn't realize I was on Cicero until I saw a rims store.  Bout near crapped my pants.  I was driving my mom's Cadillac SRX at like, 9:30am to Mass.  Aside from the drive, haha, I really liked the Mass.  The church was nice looking.  The choir sounded great.  I thought the priest was excellent.  I'd go back.   :)

My wife and I were married in The Chicago chapel. I made the monumental mistake of accepting a Vice Principalship from 1997-1998. The Job was fine, but living in Chicago on an SSPX teachers salary was tough going, even when Joanie did have a job too.

The church is a former Protestant church and is gorgeous. The sloped floor is kinda' kewl too.
Oak Park, where the school and church is located, is actually quite nice and home to several Frank Lloyd Wright homes. Borders on other nice neighborhoods (and a couple rough ones also, as CC alluded to).
I knew that there was an independent chapel in Greenwood, IN, but I hadn't heard of the SSPX.  Perhaps they started one recently?  I remember being told by someone (either my uncle or cousin) that they went to the independent chapel at a time because they were curious (I don't think they knew it was independent at the time) and got grilled at the door. 
Hey, so I'm resurrecting this thread because this is my chapel.  It had been an independent chapel since 1977, but asked the Society to step in a couple of years ago so that the live-in priest could semi-retire. We finally voted to go SSPX last year, in September, I believe. Although I have a pliable relationship with time and September seems like ages ago already, so maybe more recently... 

There are a few of us on this board from the parish. (I say "on this board" loosely because I am definitely a lurker, although I know of at least one other parishioner who has recently become more active here.)

Anyway, just wanted to chime in.  For once.  :)
CC,

If by chance you do happen to come to Greenwood a chance, stop by the choir and introduce yourself. Both Rococo and myself are choir members. (She's the exotic-looking one in the homemade veil, and I'm the guy arguing with the director most of the time.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes LongfellowDeeds's post:
  • GodFirst
BUMP.

I'm going to be there this weekend.

I'm going to come up to Longfellow and bother you.  And rococo as well.

You had better be there.  :)