A young Australian Traditional Catholic lady
Was it personal? Yes. Was it out of line? No. The basis of this entire thread is personal in nature.

I know women who are in the military. I also know women who make a career out of the military.

Maybe Indian women are different. Maybe the Austrailian military is different. I didn't intend for it to be insulting.
(04-03-2012, 01:45 PM)piabee Wrote:
(04-03-2012, 02:26 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 06:54 PM)piabee Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 05:20 PM)Neo-Floriano Wrote: What's the reason for this woman being 30 years old and single? If she's a widow, that's understandable.

Why is this any of your business?

If made as a joke that remark is not any of his business.  But he also asks a follow up question which shows that he could be genuinely interested in her.  And if he is, asking why she's single or if she's been widowed is a legitimate question.  If she's willing to put herself out there in a public forum she should be ready for some reasonable personal questions.

Don't be so hasty to jump down peoples throats. 

It's out of line either way, and if it is a joke it's an inappropriate one. If he has reasonable personal questions because he's genuinely interested, he can ask privately. His remark implies that it is not understandable and therefore outlandish that she is not already married, which is assumptive and rude. Again, why is that any of his business (or yours, for that matter)?

Skip to 1:32.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oupIOmnLJs[/youtube

If she didn't want to open herself up to personal remarks than she shouldn't have consented to this very personal PUBLIC thread.  And if she wanted interested people to PM her with questions she should have specified that.  Frankly, the comments were not offensive or demeaning; they were merely inquisitive from a single man who could be interested in her. 

The problem here is that you have an opinion and feel that you need to arrogantly force it on people.  Teresia, without any hesitation already openly answered his questions with very reasonable explanations, so it seems the only one who has issue with his questions is you. 
(04-03-2012, 05:35 PM)Neo-Floriano Wrote: I didn't intend for it to be insulting.

I can give the benefit of the doubt in this case but I stand by my previous comment that your remark gives the impression that it is not understandable and therefore outlandish that she is not already married. Just something to think about.

Nobody asked you, Guardian.
(04-03-2012, 11:47 PM)piabee Wrote: Nobody asked you, Guardian.

Sure, but no one asked for your opinion either. 

No worries, anywho have a great day! :tiphat: