The protestant heresy at its finest
(01-12-2012, 07:49 PM)Antonius Block Wrote:
(01-12-2012, 07:46 PM)Josué Wrote: How do you respond to something like this?
This is a good response:

http://marysaggies.blogspot.com/2012/01/...d-you.html

Thanks, I may share this with my friends who have been posting that video on Facebook.  The video does boil down to being a straw man attack.
(01-12-2012, 07:49 PM)Antonius Block Wrote:
This is a good response:

http://marysaggies.blogspot.com/2012/01/...d-you.html

Could be better.  The writer of this article thinks it's a good idea to "repackage" the gospel for modern man, and in response to the grievance of the Church starting wars and not helping the poor... well that's pretty rich considering that til the protestant reformation, the Church was the refuge for the poor, and it was the protestant reformation that helped change that.  The author doesn't point these things out, just simply says "of course religion has waged false wars, but that doesn't mean the beliefs themselves are wrong."

It's an ok article.  It could be a lot more involved, though, as what he presents as a refutation is pretty surface.  At least that's how I read it.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Here's another response I liked more which notices what might be at least a hint of anti-Catholicism in the original video.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic...ckdow.html

Partial quote -
Quote:So onto the first bit of silliness — the idea that Jesus came to abolish religion. Unforgivable. He literally said the opposite: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” What were the Law and the Prophets? Judaism. What is Judaism? A religion. What did Jesus specifically say he was NOT going to abolish? That’s right. A religion. (Aaand you just got Kris Kringled.)

This is made apparent not only in the words, but in the actions of Jesus Christ. Whether you believe in the sacraments or not, there is no doubt that Christ established ritual. It’s one thing to ignore Christ’s statement to “eat my body.” It’s another to ignore his command to “do this in memory of me.” Christ commanded that we have ritual.
Ah, good. I'll bust that one out if the discussion gets serious.  I usually just get ignored though...weird Catholic girl... :(

(01-12-2012, 09:13 PM)Misplaced Zeal Wrote: Here's another response I liked more which notices what might be at least a hint of anti-Catholicism in the original video.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic...ckdow.html

Partial quote -
Quote:So onto the first bit of silliness — the idea that Jesus came to abolish religion. Unforgivable. He literally said the opposite: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” What were the Law and the Prophets? Judaism. What is Judaism? A religion. What did Jesus specifically say he was NOT going to abolish? That’s right. A religion. (Aaand you just got Kris Kringled.)

This is made apparent not only in the words, but in the actions of Jesus Christ. Whether you believe in the sacraments or not, there is no doubt that Christ established ritual. It’s one thing to ignore Christ’s statement to “eat my body.” It’s another to ignore his command to “do this in memory of me.” Christ commanded that we have ritual.
I had a response posted. Basically its a problem of ignorence of his own language. Religion is not a noun but a verb. it comes from the word religio which means "to bind" so to deny the christian "religion" is to deny the need to bind ourselves to Christ. Further the horshit about practicing religion and not feeding the poor, the Catholic Church feeds more poor folks in one day world wide then the entire protty pondscum do in a whole year.
(01-12-2012, 09:48 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: I had a response posted. Basically its a problem of ignorence of his own language. Religion is not a noun but a verb. it comes from the word religio which means "to bind" so to deny the christian "religion" is to deny the need to bind ourselves to Christ. Further the horshit about practicing religion and not feeding the poor, the Catholic Church feeds more poor folks in one day world wide then the entire protty pondscum do in a whole year.

Fish stew!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(01-12-2012, 08:36 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote:

I would pull a St Nicholas. Beat him with a stick for being a heretic.

Seriously though. When I saw the title of the video I didn't bother watching it. He just being a vain little boy in my opinion.

I'll holla to ma crib now and call ma bitch up  'cuz ain't nobody gonn tell me what to do, latah homie. BTW Ah hate self-ragcheus ppl or whatevah.

That's all I heard.
It seems the young rapper didn't read the parts in the Bible that mention priests and bishops.
(01-13-2012, 06:01 AM)mikemac Wrote: It seems the young rapper didn't read the parts in the Bible that mention priests and bishops.

Preeeeezt and beesheps?, nah, it's Jeezezz and mee brotha, that thang bout preezzztzz and beeshupz it's all a muafuckin' lah, A LAH!! there ain't no reeligien, ya dig?.

Jeez that guy is drilling into my brain now :LOL:

Reason for edit: grammar
:LOL: I know guys like him who actually think that this sort of edgy speech is how Jesus will claim souls through them.

I was embarrassed at the mall one day because my buddies were playing "holy hip hop" on their phones and one of them began acting like he was an atheist while  the other was acting as if he were trying to convert him. They were very loud and very rude and everyone witness to it knew they were full of crap and rolled their eyes. They spewed tons of anti-catholic venom, shouting about how everyone is so lost and they need to forsake their dead religion and accept Jesus - their version of Jesus.