For a priest
:pray2:
I received an update stating that Monsignor is now fighting for his life and that his heart is "about to give up".

Please, in your charity:  PRAYERS, PRAYERS!  If any here are members of other forums as well, I humbly urge you to spread the word.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!
We received word from his brother that Msgr. Cesar Salomon is now brain dead.

Even now I continue to hope for a miracle, but I also pray that - if this indeed be the good Lord's will - Msgr. might be granted the grace of a happy death.

Thank you all for your prayers, which I beg everyone to continue.

St. Joseph, pray for him!
continuing prayers
URGENT UPDATE: We've just been informed that Msgr. Salomon HAS NOT YET PASSED ON - he is still with us, just barely, but by the good Lord's mercy his body has not yet yielded the fight.  The diagnosis of brain death remains unaltered but he is still breathing without the aid of a respirator.  I apologise most sincerely for the erroneous information posted earlier; this came from a very reliable source with direct contact with the family but there was a miscommunication last night which led to the source passing on incorrect news.  The source re-advised this morning and we are now passing the information on to the forum.

Once more I apologise unreservedly for the error, and beg you to continue your prayers.

St. Joseph, pray for him!

The Reverend Monsignor Cesar Salomon of the Military Ordinariate of the Philippines, chaplain to the Air Force and tireless advocate of the Traditional Mass, passed away last night.

Even now one cannot fail to see the great goodness of our Lord, for in the afternoon before his final stroke (which happened Sunday morning), he offered a Low Mass on the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul.  This was offered on the occasion of the 5th anniversary of our TLM apostolate's first Mass in the Diocese of Parañaque, where we are based.  One can most assuredly say he went down fighting, as a true soldier of Christ would.

We hope to arrange a traditional Requiem for him before the burial, though at this early stage, I suppose the funeral arrangements have yet to be finalised.

I thank you all for your prayers, which I now humbly request be continued - this time for the eternal repose of his soul.  May the good Lord reward you all for your charity.

Rest well, soldier of Christ - you have fought well for your God and country.

Eternal rest grant unto him, o Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.  May he rest in peace.  Amen.

It is my sad duty to confirm that Monsignor Cesar Salomon passed away a few days ago.  A Requiem Low Mass (followed by Absolution) was offered for his soul this past Saturday.

Another Low Mass for the eternal repose of his soul will be offered on Thursday, at 6:30 PM Philippine Standard Time (GMT+8).  I invite everyone to unite their prayers for Msgr. Salomon at that time, or to offer any appropriate prayers at whatever time is best suited to them.

Once more I thank you all for the prayers offered on Msgr. Salomon's behalf, and humbly petition you to continue these prayers for the peace of his soul.

May God bless you all.