Fr. Rodriguez getting sued
Quote:And apparently not all of the money was used for renovation because two parishioners complained that money was being asked for but nothing was built or renovated since 2009.

You know that doesn't make sense, right?  That's not sound logic at all.  Just because he hasn't built anything since 2009 he has to be stealing it?!!  haha, I guess that person never heard of "saving" money before until you have enough to buy something bigger. 

This whole things makes me sad, but not at all questioning of Fr R.
(01-13-2012, 10:25 AM)Protrident Wrote:
Quote:And apparently not all of the money was used for renovation because two parishioners complained that money was being asked for but nothing was built or renovated since 2009.

You know that doesn't make sense, right?  That's not sound logic at all.  Just because he hasn't built anything since 2009 he has to be stealing it?!!  haha, I guess that person never heard of "saving" money before until you have enough to buy something bigger. 

This whole things makes me sad, but not at all questioning of Fr R.

You also have to know that San Juan Bautista still had NO parishoners who did not accept the TLM and were not pleased with the way Fr. Rodriguez was managing the parish.  They were not happy with the fact that THEIR parish was being taken over by a bunch of trads who were not original parishioners.  Maybe it was a couple of those unhappy parishioners that complained?  :shrug:
(01-13-2012, 04:27 AM)Tapatio Wrote: I am intrigued at the Monsignor who is also suing Fr. Rodriguez.  Arturo Bañuelas.
You might find what he does interesting:
He is the author of Mestizo Christianity:Theology from the Latino perspective.
This is BS.

http://shapleigh.org/news/2599-senator-s...-con-ganas
http://www.uscatholic.org/church/2009/10...kes-parish  
This guy is a "revolutionary" priest. Doesn't dress like a priest. Doesn't like the TLM.
Case in point: This priest is more interested in Social Justice than saving souls for Christ.

And to top it off....You trads are going to love this.....ready?

The need for immigration reform by Msgr. Arturo Bañuelas

http://www.uscatholic.org/culture/social...ion-reform

Not surprising.  It's obvious that these guys don't believe in hell or the salvation of souls.  All they care about is social justice, which includes accepting and welcoming teachings contrary to the Church's teachings  :eyeroll:
Don't get me wrong: I really, really hope that Fr. Rodriguez is not guilty of stealing money. The world needs him!

And perhaps some disgruntled parishioners went after Father because they are bitter. But the findings of the investigation can't be ignored. I mean, he admitted to some of the accusations and he refuses to answer the others! The court documents are very detailed and they do raise questions.

Father Rodriguez is innocent until proven guilty and he will be the focus of my prayers. But we can't keep blindly ignoring these things just because a priest is friendly to tradition. If he took money for himself and his brother, repent, give the money back, and continue fighting for the Church. He can bounce back from this.
I think the FSSPX will have a new asset.
Hopefully.
(01-13-2012, 04:14 AM)alphonsusjr Wrote:
(01-13-2012, 03:29 AM)Spooky Wrote:
Quote:Watch this, from 1986, on the homosexual infiltration of the Church:

Ok, but, what does that have to do with Fr. Rodriguez and allegations of misusing funds?  ???

Because it wouldn't be surprising if the perfidious Ochoa were a homosexual.

I was mad enough about the first actions against Fr. Rodriguez but don't slander bishops. I see bad fruits too but let God be the judge.
(01-13-2012, 04:17 PM)Richard C Wrote:
(01-13-2012, 04:14 AM)alphonsusjr Wrote:
(01-13-2012, 03:29 AM)Spooky Wrote:
Quote:Watch this, from 1986, on the homosexual infiltration of the Church:

Ok, but, what does that have to do with Fr. Rodriguez and allegations of misusing funds?  ???

Because it wouldn't be surprising if the perfidious Ochoa were a homosexual.

I was mad enough about the first actions against Fr. Rodriguez but don't slander bishops. I see bad fruits too but let God be the judge.

Read carefully. I said that it wouldn't be surprising if the perfidious Ochoa were a homosexual. I didn't say that he is a homosexual. Would you be surprised if it's revealed that this disgusting man is a sodomite?
Just my two cents

....Call me whatever you like....BUT, why is everyone making this private matter between a priest and his Bishop their business?  Let the Church and the legal system sort it out and we can just pray that the right thing is done....
:pray:
(01-13-2012, 05:48 PM)elpasotom Wrote: Just my two cents

....Call me whatever you like....BUT, why is everyone making this private matter between a priest and his Bishop their business?  Let the Church and the legal system sort it out and we can just pray that the right thing is done....

It seased being private the moment the Bishop released a press release. Maybe it was an attempt to create more scandal for Fr. Rodriguez. Who knows. But you are absolutely right. Prayer for Fr. Rodriguez is the key.