Fr. Rodriguez getting sued
(01-23-2012, 04:03 PM)SpiderDweeb Wrote: Why doesn't the good Fr. Rodriguez just leave the N.O. wasteland and join the FSSP or SSPX?  The more people that vote with their feet and leave the N.O. mess, the quicker the Vatican will finally be forced to jettison Vatican II and restore sanity back to the Church. 

that would be too easy.  I hope he never leaves!  he can do so much good with all the suffering he's going through and he can change hearts with the good example he's been living,. 
(01-23-2012, 04:12 PM)3Sanctus Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 04:11 PM)TrentCath Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 04:07 PM)3Sanctus Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 04:03 PM)SpiderDweeb Wrote: Why doesn't the good Fr. Rodriguez just leave the N.O. wasteland and join the FSSP or SSPX?  The more people that vote with their feet and leave the N.O. mess, the quicker the Vatican will finally be forced to jettison Vatican II and restore sanity back to the Church. 

Doesn't a priest have to have his bishop's permission to leave the diocese?

Not to join the SSPX  LOL

But to join one of the eclessia dei communities I guess so, though perhaps Rome could step in

I didn't know the SSPX encouraged abandoning vows and the like.  Do they also encourage monks to abandon their monasteries?

Eye-roll

Do some research on the matter rather than making pathetic and snide remarks.
New article posted in the El Paso Times by the good Fr. Michael. God Bless him.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/opinion/ci_19791002

(01-23-2012, 11:49 PM)TrentCath Wrote:

But to join one of the eclessia dei communities I guess so, though perhaps Rome could step in

I didn't know the SSPX encouraged abandoning vows and the like.  Do they also encourage monks to abandon their monasteries?

Eye-roll

You were the one laughing about the whole idea - I was being quite serious.  I'm aware there would be a difference between the diocesan priesthood and the religious life, so that's a valid question.  That said, while I'm aware the SSPX obviously would say a priest would be better not within an NO diocese, I didn't think they would encourage priests just leaving their diocese without going through the proper channels at all (I could see them encouraging priests to leave after trying to go through the proper channels, but just up and leaving seems to be less than ideal, to say the least).

If you have anything to suggest (either here or via PM) I'd be glad to read it.   Smile
(01-24-2012, 12:17 AM)51olds Wrote: New article posted in the El Paso Times by the good Fr. Michael. God Bless him.

I liked this particular segment:
Quote:We desperately need a wise bishop who will make it clear that any form of dissent from Church teaching, especially in the area of sexual morality, is unacceptable and inexcusable.

If "love" and "compassion" are not grounded in the one truth taught by Jesus Christ and His Church, then "love" is a lie and "compassion" an illusion.

The priesthood. El Paso needs a new shepherd and spiritual father who will begin to take the necessary steps to correct the moral and spiritual disorder of rampant homosexuality within our presbyterate. The abomination of actively homosexual priests is a sin that cries to Heaven for ven geance and is crippling our diocese.

It sounds like he's calling his fellow priests out too.
(01-24-2012, 12:31 AM)damooster Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 12:17 AM)51olds Wrote: New article posted in the El Paso Times by the good Fr. Michael. God Bless him.

I liked this particular segment:
Quote:We desperately need a wise bishop who will make it clear that any form of dissent from Church teaching, especially in the area of sexual morality, is unacceptable and inexcusable.

If "love" and "compassion" are not grounded in the one truth taught by Jesus Christ and His Church, then "love" is a lie and "compassion" an illusion.

The priesthood. El Paso needs a new shepherd and spiritual father who will begin to take the necessary steps to correct the moral and spiritual disorder of rampant homosexuality within our presbyterate. The abomination of actively homosexual priests is a sin that cries to Heaven for ven geance and is crippling our diocese.

It sounds like he's calling his fellow priests out too.
Viva Cristo Rey!
I just read the comments beneath the article.  Shocked

We can't be more than 1 generation away from another Colosseum. I forgot that our culture is so disgusting.
This is beautiful line too:

"As the Ancient Rite spreads its divine aroma and becomes more available throughout the diocese, it will prove to be a heavenly "leaven," more than capable of restoring beauty, dignity, reverence, sacredness, and truth to the celebration of all the sacraments."

This is ultimately why I am a glass half full type regarding the Church in the States. The TLM train has left the station and modernists are simply powerless to stop it. We have to ride through much turbulence, sure, but I am very optimistic.
(01-24-2012, 12:19 AM)3Sanctus Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 11:49 PM)TrentCath Wrote:

Eye-roll

You were the one laughing about the whole idea - I was being quite serious.  I'm aware there would be a difference between the diocesan priesthood and the religious life, so that's a valid question.  That said, while I'm aware the SSPX obviously would say a priest would be better not within an NO diocese, I didn't think they would encourage priests just leaving their diocese without going through the proper channels at all (I could see them encouraging priests to leave after trying to go through the proper channels, but just up and leaving seems to be less than ideal, to say the least).

If you have anything to suggest (either here or via PM) I'd be glad to read it.   Smile

Apologies it read quite differently  Blush

No, priests can leave to join the SSPX, they would most likely have to try to get permission, but if they couldn't I can't see the SSPX refusing to take them in. The SSPX aren't religious anyway, they're secular priests.
A priest like Fr Rodriguez swears loyalty to his bishop and the bishops juridical moves.
Fr Rodriguez cannot join any other group and or leave the diocese until he has permission from his Ordinary whoever and whenever a new Bishop will be appointed to El Paso.
Till then he cannot leave his post.