SSPX in NYC
(01-13-2012, 02:59 PM)Canisius12 Wrote:
(01-13-2012, 02:04 PM)MarkA Wrote: Saint Ignatius Retreat House/Christ The King Church in 209 Tackora Trail, Ridgefield, CT

Mark I have been tempted to attend Mass at Saint Ignatius except for that fact I met a woman who attends there as well, and she went completely insane when I asked where she went to Mass. She attacked the Pope, me and said my mother is in Hell because she was not SSPX. My mother was quite pious said the Rosary twice a day, mass weekly even if it was not at an SSPX chapel. Please tell me that there is not a bunch of closet "sede's" in Ridgefield.

I guess there are people like that here, but I haven't experienced it myself.  Being new to traditionalism myself, I just started attending here within the past year.  I was very concerned about "unusual" people and I can honestly state that the priests, lead by Father Michael Goldade, and the laity that I speak with are not "unusual" (being charitable in my phrasing) or "sede's" as you described.  I'm truly sorry you had that experience; my mother (NO) just passed last month.  I've heard similar stories from the Parishioners that they had similar experiences from the local Dioceses parishioners.  So I guess there's no shortage of uncharitable words here in Ridgefield.
(01-13-2012, 04:17 PM)MarkA Wrote:
(01-13-2012, 02:59 PM)Canisius12 Wrote:
(01-13-2012, 02:04 PM)MarkA Wrote: Saint Ignatius Retreat House/Christ The King Church in 209 Tackora Trail, Ridgefield, CT

Mark I have been tempted to attend Mass at Saint Ignatius except for that fact I met a woman who attends there as well, and she went completely insane when I asked where she went to Mass. She attacked the Pope, me and said my mother is in Hell because she was not SSPX. My mother was quite pious said the Rosary twice a day, mass weekly even if it was not at an SSPX chapel. Please tell me that there is not a bunch of closet "sede's" in Ridgefield.

I guess there are people like that here, but I haven't experienced it myself.  Being new to traditionalism myself, I just started attending here within the past year.  I was very concerned about "unusual" people and I can honestly state that the priests, lead by Father Michael Goldade, and the laity that I speak with are not "unusual" (being charitable in my phrasing) or "sede's" as you described.  I'm truly sorry you had that experience; my mother (NO) just passed last month.  I've heard similar stories from the Parishioners that they had similar experiences from the local Dioceses parishioners.  So I guess there's no shortage of uncharitable words here in Ridgefield.

Yes that is a I guess sad fact of the lack of charity on both sides, its even more tragic we have to speak in terms of sides. Well thanks for the input I will try and stop by one Sunday morning
(01-13-2012, 02:22 PM)colombiano Wrote: Being very new to tradition, I find that meeting like-minded people is very important. I've had that experience in Boston. After Mass you meet everybody and chat for a while. I haven't had that experience in NY yet but maybe I haven't stayed long enough after Mass.

I have family in the greater Boston area. Sadly there is no FSSP anywhere where we can worship in NE. The SSPX chapel there in Beantown would be our choice, then when visiting up Nashua way. How does the congregation perceive non regulars? I've gotten the charitable and the fire and brimstone from CMRI folk years past.
(01-13-2012, 09:33 PM)Heinrich Wrote:
(01-13-2012, 02:22 PM)colombiano Wrote: Being very new to tradition, I find that meeting like-minded people is very important. I've had that experience in Boston. After Mass you meet everybody and chat for a while. I haven't had that experience in NY yet but maybe I haven't stayed long enough after Mass.

I have family in the greater Boston area. Sadly there is no FSSP anywhere where we can worship in NE. The SSPX chapel there in Beantown would be our choice, then when visiting up Nashua way. How does the congregation perceive non regulars? I've gotten the charitable and the fire and brimstone from CMRI folk years past.

So far I have nothing but good things to say about the regulars. I did not know what to expect when I first attended Mass there. It was my first time ever at a SSPX chapel and only my third time at a Latin Mass. Several of them came to say hi afterwards and offered me a ride as soon as I told them that the bus was not running any more. It seems to be a nice group of people. They have been very discrete about asking how I've made my way to tradition which I like but also inquisitive as to where I'm from (I have a noticeable foreign accent) which I've also liked. I haven't had any deep talks though about religion yet . I guess if I did, I could expect to find one or two 'fire and brimstone' kind of people like one finds in any group but so far so good.

I had been to the NYC SSPX chapel some years ago when Fr Zendejas was assigned there.  It had maybe 30 something people at the time.  I was able to go to the diner across the street with some of the regulars(were talking about their discord with the diocese/indult) and ended up giving one of them a ride to the bus station. 
  As to the person who spoke against your mother Canisius, she certainly cannot go around judging peoples souls.  We do not know the grace given to others; it is for Our Lord to judge.  Even though I believe differently concerning the occupation of the See of Peter at this time in comparison to the SSPX, I would not place your mother or anyone else in Hell if they do not hold the same position/understanding as I.  There are those types in most every chapel/mission from what I have experienced, admitting that there are exceptions.
  God bless.

Joe
Depending on which chapel you go to, I guess you would always find one or two or a few "fire and brimstone" people who would view you with immediate suspicion should you not agree fully with your views.

But most are really charitable enough; I have never personally seen a Society priest or any of my regular priests or acquaintances at Church for that matter say something negative, uncharitable or condemning to a visitor who goes to the Novus Ordo or the Indult Mass.
(01-13-2012, 01:26 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(01-13-2012, 01:26 PM)colombiano Wrote: I've gone there a few times.....

And?  Big/small congregation?  Anything interesting to report?
it is a small congregation. been there many times.
it is like being in the Upper room with the Lord when Mass is said. .  Father Robinson of the SSPX does the mass. He is an excellent Priest and preacher.  It is missionary and not a church.

If it is convenient for you to get too go.  If you need to some contacts let me know. I know people who go there.
Thanks everyone ... I'll post here again if we make it there.
(01-14-2012, 01:12 AM)colombiano Wrote:
(01-13-2012, 09:33 PM)Heinrich Wrote:

So far I have nothing but good things to say about the regulars. I did not know what to expect when I first attended Mass there. It was my first time ever at a SSPX chapel and only my third time at a Latin Mass. Several of them came to say hi afterwards and offered me a ride as soon as I told them that the bus was not running any more. It seems to be a nice group of people. They have been very discrete about asking how I've made my way to tradition which I like but also inquisitive as to where I'm from (I have a noticeable foreign accent) which I've also liked. I haven't had any deep talks though about religion yet . I guess if I did, I could expect to find one or two 'fire and brimstone' kind of people like one finds in any group but so far so good.

Hi Colombiano, by now you have discovered the Upper Room!  Where are you from in Colombia? So there are a few others that go to the Mission that are from
Colombia.  All nice people.  If you live in Queens there is another TLM at a Church, but not sure of the status of the Priest and his Order. I believe they are
from Ecuador (New York Times had an article on them). Father Z was there once for a Baptism so perhaps you could inquire about them. Several options if the
Upper Room isn't for you. Welcome aboard!