Kansas 'pope' leads a flock in exile
It's probably better that we spend our time sending up prayers to Heaven for him rather than mock him in this way, especially with such a blasphemous picture as the one above.

Let's act as though we believe Catholicism is the divinely-revealed religion of God. The heathens and the unbelievers will scoff and have their fun making fun of the pope and the Church (i.e. the above picture). We don't need to help them out by using their mockeries of the truth to mock others. It is rather unbecoming of Christians.

(01-15-2012, 02:36 AM)INPEFESS Wrote: It's probably better that we spend our time sending up prayers to Heaven for him rather than mock him in this way, especially with such a blasphemous picture as the one above.

Let's act as though we believe Catholicism is the divinely-revealed religion of God. The heathens and the unbelievers will scoff and have their fun making fun of the pope and the Church (i.e. the above picture). We don't need to help them out by using their mockeries of the truth to mock others. It is rather unbecoming of Christians.

I completely agree.  Clearly, this man and his family do not understand what they are doing, and we should model Jesus Christ by praying for them.

Of course it is absurd, but we should respond appropriately to the situation.  Apparently, he is unstable and his family has not helped matters.  Indeed, this is fertile grounds for demonic possession; in other words, this is serious business.

Granted, it is not part of our state of life to go over to his house and issue a decree since we are laity.  But prayers cost us only our time.
INPEFESS is like the forum-dad who comes in and reminds the kids to keep it down or in this case, charitable. In a good way  :grin:
(01-15-2012, 03:33 AM)Spooky Wrote: INPEFESS is like the forum-dad who comes in and reminds the kids to keep it down or in this case, charitable. In a good way  :grin:

:grandpa:
(01-15-2012, 03:35 AM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(01-15-2012, 03:33 AM)Spooky Wrote: INPEFESS is like the forum-dad who comes in and reminds the kids to keep it down or in this case, charitable. In a good way  :grin:

That emoticon doesn't look like he benches, what did you say, like six hundred pounds?
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(01-15-2012, 03:53 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(01-15-2012, 03:35 AM)INPEFESS Wrote:

That emoticon doesn't look like he benches, what did you say, like six hundred pounds?

:LOL:

You're being a bit dramatic, are you not?

It's only two-thirds of that at most.  :mrwinky:
(01-15-2012, 02:36 AM)INPEFESS Wrote: It's probably better that we spend our time sending up prayers to Heaven for him rather than mock him in this way, especially with such a blasphemous picture as the one above.

The thing is, this is funny and sad at the same time. On the one hand, it's funny because the mere idea of someone being elected Pope in the middle of Kansas is totally absurd. On the other, it's sad because he's either mentally unstable or just plain weird. You'd think SOMEONE in that family would set him straight. I tend to think there's just a little too much chlorine in that gene pool.