Can you staple a scapular?
(01-14-2012, 02:54 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Maybe someone should stuff a scapular in Fr. John's motorcycle seat and mix some holy water with his mustache dye. 

Very Good  :w2go:
Just replaced the cord on my scapular.  I like the round ribbon cord which seems to last the longest--longer than even leather cord I have found.  I sewed the new ribbon by sewing machine to the scapular and my scapular  is the blue of my order with a brown scapular sewed to it.  Can be done!
(01-14-2012, 04:47 PM)Magdalene Wrote: Just replaced the cord on my scapular.  I like the round ribbon cord which seems to last the longest--longer than even leather cord I have found.  I sewed the new ribbon by sewing machine to the scapular and my scapular  is the blue of my order with a brown scapular sewed to it.  Can be done!

Thanks
:LOL: I take it you're not at all handy with the needle and thread. Very cute!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
I just want to interject a bit of practical advice.  I would refrain from incorporating any kind of metal into this sacramental.  If you ever need to have surgery, you can't wear any metal (in case you go into cardiac arrest and they need to utilize a defibrillator).  If you were ever involved in an accident and rendered unconscious, it would probably be removed unless you had a friend who knew what was up or you were treated by trad emt's, doctors and nurses. 
(01-14-2012, 06:37 PM)Beware_the_Ides Wrote: I just want to interject a bit of practical advice.  I would refrain from incorporating any kind of metal into this sacramental.  If you ever need to have surgery, you can't wear any metal (in case you go into cardiac arrest and they need to utilize a defibrillator).  If you were ever involved in an accident and rendered unconscious, it would probably be removed unless you had a friend who knew what was up or you were treated by trad emt's, doctors and nurses. 
I had to argue with the nurses to allow the scapular to remain on my son who was going in for minor ear surgery. They compromised and let me wrap it around his ankle for the procedure. I was very mad, I thought these birds had to respect our religious issues.
(01-14-2012, 06:24 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: :LOL: I take it you're not at all handy with the needle and thread. Very cute!

What are they again?  ??? :LOL:
If you wear the scapular faithfully and live as a faithful child of Our Lady, I hardly think it matters if some doctor removes it and you happen to die.  It's not a magic amulet.  Can you imagine Our Lady refusing to honor her promises just because some clueless doc took it off?  Seriously people, don't lose your heads.
(01-14-2012, 10:10 PM)DrBombay Wrote: If you wear the scapular faithfully and live as a faithful child of Our Lady, I hardly think it matters if some doctor removes it and you happen to die.  It's not a magic amulet.  Can you imagine Our Lady refusing to honor her promises just because some clueless doc took it off?  Seriously people, don't lose your heads.
I understand this, I just thought their insensitivity on the matter shocking.