A new fish in the tank!
(01-16-2012, 08:27 PM)thatbirdwoman Wrote: We have some crows too. They creep me out a little, but I still like listening to their calls. They are very intelligent and serious birds. Corvus..I'll remember that!  :LOL:

That reminds me of this video:

:tiphat:

Funny video -
Crow snowboarding on a roof:

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/10001...-the-roof/
(01-16-2012, 08:37 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(01-16-2012, 08:12 PM)thatbirdwoman Wrote: I'm afraid I haven't been there. I'll look it up for sure. I do, however, visit the National Shrine of St. Maximillien Kolbe (Libertyville, IL)  frequently. It's very beautiful and it has some relic

Whooooo Marytown!

I worked in Buffalo Grove over the summer, and I tried to visit there as much as possible.

Yup. Gotta love Marytown. I go there every Friday for adoration. It's lovely listening to the Friars sing the Divine Office.
I just remembered there's also  a Shrine of St Therese Lisieux in Darien, which is just outside Chicago.  I believe they have a relic of her heart?  At least a 1st class relic of some kind.
Wow. St. Therese of Lisieux is one of my favorite saints. I'll check that out. When I went to Europe in 2010, we went to the shrine of St. Anthony in Padua, Italy, and they had his tongue, his heart, and I think even his jaw if I remember correctly. We also had a chance to pray in front of his tomb. It's one of the most beautiful places. I also saw the perfectly-preserved body of St. Bernedette. Seeing a miracle like that was truly life-changing.
Padua is one place I really want to get to someday.  Anthony's my baptismal patron saint.  That and the St. Michael shrine on Mt. Gargano, close to San Giovanno Rotondo.

Welcome...And great Irish name, too!!!
Welcome!  :)
What a great name is Megan.
Welcome.
Welcome  :)