An attempt to create the one world religion
http://crisisboom.com/2011/02/07/tony-bl...-religion/

So it seems Ex Prime Minister Tony Blair a Faux Catholic is calling for a one world religion that won't take into account "doctrinal differences", and who is going to sit on this council? None other than Cardinal Cormac Murphy O'Connor.
This seems to fit in With Pope Benedicts call in has last encyclical for a one world bank and currency. Scary Stuff.
Quote:Catholic Cardinal Cormac Murphy O’Connor of Westminster, England, has pledged to join the council when the pope allows him to retire.

I don't see anything to indicate that Pope Benedict supports this. It looks like the Cardinal was just voicing his own opinion.

(01-16-2012, 12:40 AM)Crusading Philologist Wrote:
Quote:Catholic Cardinal Cormac Murphy O’Connor of Westminster, England, has pledged to join the council when the pope allows him to retire.

I don't see anything to indicate that Pope Benedict supports this. It looks like the Cardinal was just voicing his own opinion.

I also don't see anything wrong per se with establishing "a new foundation dedicated to interfaith understanding."   Understanding what other religions believe is a good thing.  That's not the same as creating a world religion.  And Blair said  the Foundation wouldn't try to "“subsume different faiths in some universal faith of the lowest common denominator.”

I would agree with Balir's statement: “You cannot understand the modern world unless you understand the importance of religious faith.”

I am pretty skeptical though about this foundation and critical of some of the statements made in the article, but the original post is a hysterical exaggeration.
(01-16-2012, 02:46 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(01-16-2012, 12:40 AM)Crusading Philologist Wrote:

I also don't see anything wrong per se with establishing "a new foundation dedicated to interfaith understanding."   Understanding what other religions believe is a good thing.  That's not the same as creating a world religion.  And Blair said  the Foundation wouldn't try to "“subsume different faiths in some universal faith of the lowest common denominator.”

I would agree with Balir's statement: “You cannot understand the modern world unless you understand the importance of religious faith.”

I am pretty skeptical though about this foundation and critical of some of the statements made in the article, but the original post is a hysterical exaggeration.

Was Pope St. Pius X a hysterical exaggerator when he pointed to Modernisms's end goal as a one world religion? 

"And now, overwhelmed with the deepest sadness, We ask Ourselves, Venerable Brethren, what has become of the Catholicism of the Sillon? Alas! this organization which formerly afforded such promising expectations, this limpid and impetuous stream, has been harnessed in its course by the modern enemies of the Church, and is now no more than a miserable affluent of the great movement of apostasy being organized in every country for the establishment of a one-world church which shall have neither dogmas, nor hierarchy, neither discipline for the mind, nor curb for the passions, and which, under the pretext of freedom and human dignity, would bring back to the world (if such a church could overcome) the reign of legalized cunning and force, and the oppression of the weak, and of all those who toil and suffer. We know only too well the dark workshops in which are elaborated these mischievous doctrines which ought not to seduce clear-thinking minds."
(Our Apostolic Mandate, Pope St. Pius X, 1910).

The One World Religion has always been planned from the beginning by Satan, his dupes are just now coming out in the open, they have been planning this for a couple centuries already. Of course the World is supposed to have one religion its today called CATHOLICISM and JESUS instituted it to bring all mankind to HEAVEN. Unfortunately rebellious, sinful mankind has other plans and millions will die unfortunately putting it into place, the aborted babies are the first to go. >:( >:( >:(
The article is certainly troubling because the Tony Blair Faith Foundation has aims of fighting extremism, promoting peaceful coexistence, educating about other religions, but there will be no focus on doctrinal inquiry.

It's not hard to imagine that Catholics who believe in EENS and who wish to convert non-Catholics will be seen as extremists, that peaceful coexistence will somehow involve not witnessing for Christ to others nor inviting them to discover the truth; as for educating about other religions, how will this be done without an understanding what different religions actually believe, or does "no doctrinal inquiry" mean the Foundation itself will not have any regard for the actual truth about our existence and that of the world, nor that which concerns our Last End?  Will it be just another, "Can't we all just get along?" type of organization?  And if so, aren't there enough of them already?

"Everyone should avoid familiarity or friendship with anyone suspected of belonging to masonry or to affiliated groups.  Know them by their fruits and avoid them.  Every familiarity should be avoided, not only with those impious libertines who openly promote the character of the sect, but also with those who hide under the mask of universal tolerance, respect for all religions, and the craving to reconcile the maxims of the Gospel with those of the revolution.  These men seek to reconcile Christ and Belial, the Church of God and the state without God" (Pope Leo XIII, Custodi Di Quella Fede, n. 15).

We Catholics are better off learning the actual truth -- be it about Catholicism or one of the false religions -- from our good, orthodox priests and bishops.