MARIJUANA
I don't see any reason to keep it illegal in the US.  I don't smoke it myself, but I also don't see why it's illegal, especially when you consider how much more dangerous some legal substances are.  Often I find that arguments against it's legalization are based on logical fallacies and outright lies.

Begin debate...

:safe:
(01-19-2012, 06:50 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: I don't see any reason to keep it illegal in the US.  I don't smoke it myself, but I also don't see why it's illegal, especially when you consider how much more dangerous some legal substances are.  Often I find that arguments against it's legalization are based on logical fallacies and outright lies.

Begin debate...

:safe:
I don't smoke it either, but I agree. I also think its ridiculous that it's a sin. It's a heck of alot less harmful than alcohol( which I do consume)
we don't even know what it does to the mind!  it's dangerous and a mortal sin for a reason
(01-19-2012, 06:55 PM)Josué Wrote: we don't even know what it does to the mind!  it's dangerous and a mortal sin for a reason
Ppl have been smoking it for hundreds of years. We have a pretty good idea of the effects. Pot heads are alot less offensive than alcoholics
(01-19-2012, 06:57 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(01-19-2012, 06:55 PM)Josué Wrote: we don't even know what it does to the mind!  it's dangerous and a mortal sin for a reason
Ppl have been smoking it for hundreds of years. We have a pretty good idea of the effects. Pot heads are alot less offensive than alcoholics

That doesn't make it right
I don't see how pot is a mortal sin unless used in a gluttonous way.  Same with alcohol. 

The only thing that can be said, I think, to be inherently sinful is when pot is illegal and is then smoked, as we're obliged to follow the laws of a country, as long as they're just.  Having pot be illegal may be inconvenient or a real bummer, but it is not "unjust."  Not by a long shot.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
If it was legal I think it would come down to how it was used as far as sin goes, right? Drinking in excess can be a mortal sin if loss of reason occurs or harms those around you. I would assume same goes for marijuana. I don’t think the argument should be alcoholics vs. pot heads since neither is good (all things in moderation).
lol Mith you beat me by two seconds. :tiphat:
As President/King/dictator, I would legalize it, strictly regulate it (only approved, licensed vendors, no advertising allowed), and make a total killing from the profits.
Were there any pre-V2 church docs that specifically mention the stuff?