MARIJUANA
All I have to say is:

La cucaracha, la cucaracha,
ya no puede caminar
porque le falta, porque no tiene
marihuana pa' fumar.
I was a heavy pot smoker back in high school and based on my own experiences with it I wouldn't want it freely available but I do admit it is not physically addictive the way alcohol is. It can be very psychologically addictive, at least it was for me. It became a huge crutch and I felt like I had to be high all the time to function. It also messes with your mind quite a lot, especially when you are high all the time. There were moments when I had to ask myself what being sober even felt like anymore.  Whoever said you can take a few puffs and not be impaired is right though. The weird mental effects do not really happen at low doses. Perhaps it ought to be legalized for, say, medical reasons, provided there are actually legitimate ones. I know some folks want it to stimulate appetite in chemo patients and to reduce intra-ocular pressure in those with glaucoma.
(01-19-2012, 07:48 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:
(01-19-2012, 07:46 PM)tmw89 Wrote: Better idea:  "Presivacantism."  Let's face it - ever since the corrupt bargain of 1876, the US has not had a valid president.  No valid president, no valid authority.

I am a presideprivationist. Once Obama abandons the Democrats and is conditionally given US citizenship, there shall again be a president.

:rofl:
I think we got a new Church movment here ^^^  the phillybros > diamond brothers
(01-19-2012, 09:24 PM)Josué Wrote: I think we got a new Church movment here ^^^  the phillybros > diamond brothers

Sorry Josué I'm an only child. :grin:
(01-19-2012, 06:55 PM)Josué Wrote: we don't even know what it does to the mind!  it's dangerous and a mortal sin for a reason

There are studies going back to the India Hemp Drugs Commission Report (1894) and the LaGuardia Committee Report (1944), prepared by the New York Academy of Medicine, showing that it is not dangerous. The 1894 report even specifically addressed moral issues and came to the conclusion that moderate use had no effect on the moral character of the user. Excessive use, of course, like that of alcohol, is a different matter.

The fact is, and few know it or want to admit it, that marijuana was basically legal (with regulation) in the US until the repeal of alcohol Prohibition. Harry Anslinger had been head of the 'Federal Prohibition Bureau' and when it became obvious that Prohibition was going to be repealed he successfully lobbied for a Federal narcotics act and the creation of the 'Federal Narcotics Bureau', of which he became the head,  so he and his boys could stay in business.

In truth, the whole 'illegalisation' of marijuana was a power grabbing coup by Anslinger and his agency.
Smoking pot is a Mortal Sin?

I had better go talk to my priest.
(01-19-2012, 06:53 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(01-19-2012, 06:50 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: I don't see any reason to keep it illegal in the US.  I don't smoke it myself, but I also don't see why it's illegal, especially when you consider how much more dangerous some legal substances are.  Often I find that arguments against it's legalization are based on logical fallacies and outright lies.

Begin debate...

:safe:
I don't smoke it either, but I agree. I also think its ridiculous that it's a sin. It's a heck of alot less harmful than alcohol( which I do consume)

It implies  problems
1.- It affects your brain.
2.- It destroys your lungs faster than cigarettes.

ScienceDaily (Jan. 23, 2008) — A new study finds that the development of bullous lung disease occurs in marijuana smokers approximately 20 years earlier than tobacco smokers.
Link http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...104017.htm

Best option: Don't smoke. Period.
(01-19-2012, 09:35 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:
(01-19-2012, 09:24 PM)Josué Wrote: I think we got a new Church movment here ^^^  the phillybros > diamond brothers

Sorry Josué I'm an only child. :grin:

brother in christ?  :safe:
I know this may come as a shocker but I've never smoked pot.  That being said, unless everything I heard about it, and everything I've seen about it firsthand, is a lie, I think it should be legalized.

My understanding of this is that it was only made illegal in the first place due to some corporate attempt to end the surge in hemp products which were hurting their profits (but I'm sure Someone1776 can come in and tell us the definitive story about that).

Anyway, it shouldn't be illegal if alcohol is illegal and it would certainly end a lot of drug related violence if it were allowed to be sold and regulated.