MARIJUANA
(02-17-2012, 03:32 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(02-17-2012, 12:21 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Voxx actually it was God making a good come out of a mistake.
Ahh shoot! And I was looking into the LDS..err, LSD to see If I can get a paradoxical reaction too.

Dang Philly, You ruined it!

You'd have a better chance with LSD than LDS.  :)
(02-16-2012, 04:58 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: lsd showed me how false and without merit was mans world. I also felt just like adam after he ate the apple....I actually hid under a tree until the fear passed enough to move. I realistic I made a terrible mistake.  All I thought  about was emptiness and nothingness...untruth and lies were all around and that most everyone was blind to what was important....and in the end from that time forward I never doubted the existence of Almighty God.

Whereas with marijuana I dont believe I ever lost my faculties of reasoning, I do believe that they were really impaired whilst I was affected by LSD. I took quite a large dose and I was unable to distinguish between reality and the drug-induced experience. I'm pretty sure that constitutes a loss of reason if anything does. Alcohol and pot have never done that to me.

LSD replicated a fairly intense spiritual experience. Given that I believe in the reality of authentic mysticism, I'm not at all comfortable with entheogenic/drug-induced mysticism. So that wasn't cool. But it made me think of some theological matters from a different perspective. I mainly kept contemplating that worldy 'sinners' are often seeking the same thing as devout religious people, although in a very misunderstood and misguided way.
(02-21-2012, 05:08 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote:
(02-16-2012, 04:58 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: lsd showed me how false and without merit was mans world. I also felt just like adam after he ate the apple....I actually hid under a tree until the fear passed enough to move. I realistic I made a terrible mistake.  All I thought  about was emptiness and nothingness...untruth and lies were all around and that most everyone was blind to what was important....and in the end from that time forward I never doubted the existence of Almighty God.

Whereas with marijuana I dont believe I ever lost my faculties of reasoning, I do believe that they were really impaired whilst I was affected by LSD. I took quite a large dose and I was unable to distinguish between reality and the drug-induced experience. I'm pretty sure that constitutes a loss of reason if anything does. Alcohol and pot have never done that to me.

LSD replicated a fairly intense spiritual experience. Given that I believe in the reality of authentic mysticism, I'm not at all comfortable with entheogenic/drug-induced mysticism. So that wasn't cool. But it made me think of some theological matters from a different perspective. I mainly kept contemplating that worldy 'sinners' are often seeking the same thing as devout religious people, although in a very misunderstood and misguided way.

Any tool can be misused.  I've never even seen what LSD looks like.  You know, Charles Manson used LSD to brainwash his followers.  He would re-enact the crucifixion while his followers were on LSD trips.  They believed it was happening.
(02-21-2012, 08:41 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: Any tool can be misused.  I've never even seen what LSD looks like.  You know, Charles Manson used LSD to brainwash his followers.  He would re-enact the crucifixion while his followers were on LSD trips.  They believed it was happening.

One little warning about that is that maybe they fell for it because they were open to it.

It is doubtful that LSD in itself can cause such control over others. The CIA would have gotten better results if it had such use in general.
:smokin:
(02-21-2012, 10:43 PM)su Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 08:41 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: Any tool can be misused.  I've never even seen what LSD looks like.  You know, Charles Manson used LSD to brainwash his followers.  He would re-enact the crucifixion while his followers were on LSD trips.  They believed it was happening.

One little warning about that is that maybe they fell for it because they were open to it.

It is doubtful that LSD in itself can cause such control over others. The CIA would have gotten better results if it had such use in general.

You're right.  Although, no doubt the sex, sleep deprivation, starvation and whatever else he did had a hand to play in it.  You know, his brainwashing almost sounds like CIA experiments with mind control.  MKUltra sort of stuff.