Somebody tell me was this a "Catholic" gathering?
(01-20-2012, 05:59 PM)Vlad Tepes Wrote: Provided that this church is a) Catholic and b) it wasn't during Mass, I actually liked it, in a sort of surreal HS theatre kind of way.

I felt the same way!
Personally I found it very creepy. Whether or not its good "art" or not I think the question is is it appropriate for Mass? Traditionally the answer would be no.
It was certainly a Catholic Church - there is a statue of St. Anthony in the apse, and a picture of St. Faustina's "Vision of Christ" on the Gospel side wall of the church.

I am not automatically against conducting non-sacramental plays, recitals, or meetings in a church, but do think when it is done, that the area behind the rood or rail (or where it would have been) should not be used.

(01-20-2012, 02:58 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: But want I'd like to know if this is a NO Mass or a satanic ritual?

Some would define the two synonymously.
(01-21-2012, 10:25 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 02:58 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: But want I'd like to know if this is a NO Mass or a satanic ritual?

+1

This is brilliant.
(01-22-2012, 04:14 AM)Vlad Tepes Wrote:

+1

This is brilliant.

I think that may be a bit too far. I'm as hardline as they come, but even then, Satanic? Come on.

+1

This is brilliant.

I've reported the post. It is not brilliant to call a valid Catholic rite indistinguishable from a Satanic Mass.  In fact, I would call that blasphemy and a grave offense. Whether or not you hold that it is an invalid Mass anyway is irrelevant.

Edit to add on topic:

I agree with Tim. It seemed pretty silly and childish to me, and as a teen I spent years sitting through lame plays that try act out moral situations. It always ends up cheesy, boring, overdone and I'd much prefer a Priest to just tell me straight up and to answer my questions. Oh, and I object to it happening in a Church, even if it was in the nave as far as I could tell. Those kind of instruments and noise are not suitable for a Catholic Church where people go to pray and where Jesus Christ is in the tabernacle.
(01-22-2012, 02:21 PM)SPB Wrote:

+1

This is brilliant.

I've reported the post. It is not brilliant to call a valid Catholic rite indistinguishable from a Satanic Mass.  In fact, I would call that blasphemy and a grave offense. Whether or not you hold that it is an invalid Mass anyway is irrelevant.

Report all you want. I said "some would..." not a personal expression.